APPEAL AFTER CARS TARGETED DURING SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FOOTBALL MATCH

13876311_1370404109655127_806767994673214005_n.jpg

13680684_1370404119655126_8361330443115691151_n.jpg

13912523_1370404139655124_8526661783035074104_n.jpg

APPEAL AFTER CARS TARGETED DURING SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FOOTBALL MATCH 

MESSAGE FROM VICKY AYERS 
Husband and young lad came to Sheffield for football yesterday and this is what they found on return to their car, police say at least 10 cars were targeted. Incident took place on wards end road in hillsborough 

Any info call the police on 101 
Incident number K/81368/16.

Owlstalk Shop

To be honest the car has not been targeted because of football. It's just unlucky as somebody is needing a red front end off a corsa which also had a front spoiler. Probably find it on eBay or the likes. There is a gang going around targeting Vauxhall corsa for front ends. I am getting at least 3 calls a day pricing up the said parts. Work at a Vauxhall garage. 

Edited by Donny El

My house ain't far from there. You don't get many passers by most times apart from the walkdown and walk up from the game. Right at the top of the road is quite secluded but still bloody brazen of the thieving scum bags. 

I would advise anyone on here not to park there again really because I can see this happening again. 

1 minute ago, mrgund said:

wtf, why would people steal a bumper? I don't get it. Hope they catch them! 

Apparently the one I saw was a VXR one so they can cost a fair bit so they'll get a few quid from scrap man I would have thought.

Proper tramps though, probably same people who are on dole saying there's no jobs and blame it on immigrants. 

I once borrowed someone's car (my step dad's) to go to the match and I parked behind what I thought was SUSANN MORTON'S ... turns out the sign says something else but I couldn't read it. Opposite the Crown. Anyway ... On the way back four lads were walking the opposite way with scarfs up over their faces and we thought it a bit odd and one of my mates said I bet they're up to no good nicking cars or summat. Two minutes later and we get back to the car, window has been smashed in and they had nicked the radio. That was a difficult phone call to make to the owner. Police didn't want to know either.

2 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Genuinely surprised that more cars weren't done in the Wadsley Lane area considering that Villa were there in abundance, smashed out of their faces and where loads of Wednsedayites park for a match day 

This wasn't just damage they are actually stripping parts of the cars to sell on. They took the bumpers headlights and popped the hood so I'm guessing some other bit's and bobs. 

Guest mkowl

I would have thought with all the traffic wardens that descend on matchday that thieves would be taking a risk in getting caught

What would you do if that happened? I am assuming you can't drive the car with no bumpers or lights? Obviously it will drive but you wouldn't want to nor would it be legal. So would you have to call a breakdown service to tow it away? Can't imagine coming back to my car with bits missing like that.