Villa over confident

Guest 1banana2banana

Guest domSWFC

Overall, they probably have more better players than us. But we'll still have the best player on the pitch. And we are one thing they definitely weren't last season. A team. 

Hopefully they'll take a while to become that, after we bring them back down to earth with a comfortable 2-0 victory. 

Edited by domSWFC

2 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

Certainly in this article 

apparently they have enough to beat teams like us 

http://www.avillafan.com/23153/time-hit-panic-button/

That's not an article. It's the bleetings of a rabid villa fan screaming through his claret & Ice blue specs. ' we've gone down so it should be a little easier'

If they have the rub, they may beat us. If they have the rub consistently they may make top 6. But it would take a courageous gambler to stake on Villa finishing above us unless they spend more than half of that promised 50 million !  

As Nev says, total ramblings, no substance, a pile of poo. We know we are heading in the right direction, offers no guarantees however. Villa are at present heading in the opposite...although should improve this year. 1-0 Wednesday.

Disrespect anyone in this league even Rovrum and you're in trouble as they're about to find out. My respect for villa as a promotion rivals is about on par with Ipswich and Cardiff. Could surprise us, could be way off the pace. We thought we were a cut above the rest of this division when we went down 16 years ago. Still here.

Don't think there's anyone that would get in our side tbh. And that's where hey will get the shock of their lives on Sunday. Not being arrogant I think after the first ten games we showed what a good side we are. We have added two very good players to that side. Underestimate us at your peril

2 hours ago, 1banana2banana said:

Certainly in this article 

apparently they have enough to beat teams like us 

http://www.avillafan.com/23153/time-hit-panic-button/

Tbf every team in this league can potentially turn us over, thats what makes the Championship so competitive. I mean last year we lost to MK Dons, Charlton and Rovrum so I don't really think that the statement in that article is all that outrageous tbh

I was reading their forum just now.

Never thought i would say "i would be happy with a point at Sheffield Wednesday" so i won't

Does anybody know anything about Sheffield Wednesday's team? Why is this a "tough opener" other than them being a "big club" and us being terminally crap?

Do they have any decent players who will cause us problems?

This is a journey to the unknown...we are playing teams that I would suggest most of us couldn't even name one of their players.

Feels odd.

How depressing. No-one will be surprised if we lose in the championship to Sheffield Wednesday (25 years since they were a force.)

What has happened to our once great club

It is likely to be a close game and wouldn't be surprised at a 3-2 score line either way.

Similar to the first home game when Hirsty scored that thunderbolt on Atkinsons return after the League Cup win.

Should be a great advert for the EFL.

Jordan Ayew, Jordan Amavi & Jack Grealish imo.

As poorly organised as Richards and Lescott were last season they both have considerable pedigree in the Premier League, they've represented England internationally and could do a very good job at this level if only they could be arsed.

Edited by TrueOwl