17 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Maybe if the club would get some of the revenue from viewers.. I suggested away games as I think it would be a bad idea to discourage home support by having all home games watchable via some form of subscription. But if other clubs had a similar policy then away fans could benefit and the hosting club gets a slice of the cake too... 

so technically every game would be streamed....

streams find their way onto to the internet which will ultimately result in free streams & dwindling crowds.

1 minute ago, nethertonowl said:

Exactly its not like it matters we should have free entry every game.

I don't like having to pay out 40 odd quid for Wednesday world, never mind whatever it would cost for ClubTV, and then there is SKY.

It's never ending.

Football in general in this country has become an instrument to exploit devoted fans in a myriad of ways..

1 hour ago, richowl said:

Another way of killing football. 

the only way it would work was to charge the same price as a ticket I suppose.

Every EPL match is streamed live outside the UK and that hasn't harmed attendances so streaming EFL matches outside the UK wouldn't harm attendances either. Yes some people are able to figure out how to watch them from inside the UK but it's a negligible amount.

12 minutes ago, richowl said:

so technically every game would be streamed....

streams find their way onto to the internet which will ultimately result in free streams & dwindling crowds.

Ok fair point... But at the end of the day  games on sky have the same issue, people if they want can find a stream on the net. Yet sky can afford to pay heavily for TV rights for football but still make money... So maybe if it was given a trail run for a season/half season and if it fails to make money then stuff it off..

34 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Ordinarily do you walk up to 6'5" blokes you don't know and call them a bell end?

Or just when yr behind a keyboard?

Well said mate, 100% agree. My general rule of thumb is not to to type anything I wouldn't say to someone's face in the Rawson before a game.

Think this all depends upon price. Make sure it is priced to provide a viable option so those who physically can't get to games can still watch but expensive enough that people can't just use it as a cheap option over actually attending the game.

I think a price around half of a season ticket would be fair. Certainly not a Netflix level price. You'd have to also offer news and archive videos as well though.

3 hours ago, Becks said:

Absolutely. Away games sell out so may aswell generate some extra income from them out of the fans that couldn't attend.

The highlights come out very quickly on Wednesday Player so it can't be too hard to start streaming the games.

So what about the home fans for that game? Won't work 

Can't happen for league games, but friendly games should al be streamed live on the clubs YouTube channel probably just laziness on the media departments behalf.

cant see the smaller clubs minding the exposure. I remember Barnsley did it vs Sheff wed for a couple of year.

also gives people a reason to subscribe!

It would kill home attendances even more.

Plenty of fans who could go to games wouldn't except for big games

Can you imagine how many would watch us v Burton on a cold Tuesday night

In theory it would be great for fans who can't get too many games to see every one. 

However it's not a right to see football and people like myself have to make do with getting to a few games a season.

I wish I could go to every one but thats life.