with the recent friendly games being shown online and thousands of people watching them would an online TV channel work for Wednesday? I'm sure a sensible deal could be made with the football league if approached properly. it would also help Chansiri promote the Wednesday brand in his home country and across the world and I know I'd buy an online season ticket and I'm sure I'm not alone.

If you want 10 to 15 k crowds but 50000 wanting to go and watch a live game at Wembley yes great idea. Yet 35 to 40000 would still think they deserve a ticket over the 10-15 k that went. 

The live streams were for the benefit of a small team called benfica not us. The stream shown round were not because we have "Afew" thousand abroad, not really a worldwide audience. It's like all the new Leicester fans round the world, they will drop them in a flash if the usual suspects win the premier again. We are far from big enough to have our own tv channel.

Would love to purchase a digital season ticket, loads of fans outside the UK so make it available and geo lock it, I'd probably pay £5-£10 per match or something like that if it's in decent HD quality with English commentary preferably :)

Being abroad I would 100% pay for the service if there ever was such a thing. 

Surely there is scope to generate marketing income through it too - rather than just the subscritpion cost?

Would be interesting to see how it could be done without it being of detriment to crowd figures...

7 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Maybe for the away matches atleast? 

Absolutely. Away games sell out so may aswell generate some extra income from them out of the fans that couldn't attend.

The highlights come out very quickly on Wednesday Player so it can't be too hard to start streaming the games.

Edited by Becks

I'm sure I read something along these lines in the recent "steering group" report. I'm under the impression Mr Chansiri is exploring the possibility of streaming games that are available outside the UK on player or our YouTube channel. But wouldn't be able to do it for games that are on Sky. Apologies if I'm mistaken 

6 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

I'm sure I read something along these lines in the recent "steering group" report. I'm under the impression Mr Chansiri is exploring the possibility of streaming games that are available outside the UK on player or our YouTube channel. But wouldn't be able to do it for games that are on Sky. Apologies if I'm mistaken 

Would flippin love this if they could do it. I'd pay a reasonable fee for it too.

LFCTV is pretty good for Liverpooh fans.

They have their own commentary of each games, kind of like Gilette Football Special commentary where they're at the game, but you can't see any of the game.

Plenty of coverage for the youngsters and reserves.

20 minutes ago, richowl said:

what would the home side have to say about that?

Maybe if the club would get some of the revenue from viewers.. I suggested away games as I think it would be a bad idea to discourage home support by having all home games watchable via some form of subscription. But if other clubs had a similar policy then away fans could benefit and the hosting club gets a slice of the cake too...