1 hour ago, joelswfc said:

If Corey is right than this would make a lot more sense. And yes Lichaj can cover left back, just isn't his natural position.

Yeah possibly.

Bringing in a utility defender and holding onto our better players, would realistically complete out transfer window

34 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

Wouldn't say no to him as a backup player in any defensive position. Good player but not good enough to start for us I think.

Played an awful lot of games in the Championship knows it inside out and won't cost a small fortune.

What's to lose?

But wouldn't we end up with a similar situation as last year, where most of the back up players weren't good enough to start. My thoughts would be to try and get players who are better, then maybe they can replace the ones we have. That way, we keep on improving. Or to invest in younger players who will hope to stake a claim for a first team place. Not sure we should be signing players who are not deemed good enough to start, or, are not an investment for the future

Cant see this to be honest.

I think we'll get Mulgrew in before next weekend, and that means we'll have cover both at left back & at centre half (as well as midfield, but that's not really too much of an issue at present). 

Then it'll take the pressure off us somewhat, and we'll perhaps add a more natural centre half towards the end of the window. 

14 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

Wouldn't say no to him as a backup player in any defensive position. Good player but not good enough to start for us I think.

Played an awful lot of games in the Championship knows it inside out and won't cost a small fortune.

What's to lose?

Backwards step and this is what happened in the mid 90s , the players we signed were always just a little bit short on the quality of previous signings with one or two exceptions.

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

But wouldn't we end up with a similar situation as last year, where most of the back up players weren't good enough to start. My thoughts would be to try and get players who are better, then maybe they can replace the ones we have. That way, we keep on improving. Or to invest in younger players who will hope to stake a claim for a first team place. Not sure we should be signing players who are not deemed good enough to start, or, are not an investment for the future

I personally haven't noticed Lichaj that much when he's played.  He's never stood out for good or bad reasons when I've seen him.

He's a solid, hard working no nonsense player.  Remember many on here didn't rate Lees when he first signed (typical Owlstalk to be negative on a player that hasn't played for us yet) and look how he turned out.

Lichaj (if he comes) will know he's coming to a side with a genuine shot at promotion instead of one that floats around mid table

in Championship which should be an excellent motivator for anyone coming here.

if it's true and CC wants him.  I trust his judgement.

Lichaj is a solid, dependable Championship fullback, and he's probably been one of Forest's most consistent performers in recent seasons.

If we are interested in him, I'd imagine it's due to the fact that he can cover both right and left back positions. I seem to remember he played quite regularly at left back the season before last during that spell when Forest stormed to the top of the league.

I don't have a clue whether there's any truth in this rumour, but he'd be a solid addition to the squad.

Guest wilyfox

By his own admission, RB is his preferred position. We have 3 already, plus other possibles as cover for that position.