Tom Lees

According to Yorkshire Post, Burnley are also lining up a £6 million bid for Leeds left-back Charlie Taylor so they might want to reunite Taylor with Lees. They must have oplayed together a fair bit at Helland Road.

Hanley went to Newcastle for £4.5 million and Brighton bid £2.5 million for Shane Duffy so Burnley might be testing the water with £5 million for TL.

And we don't know how much Lees fancies top-flight football - he is no spring chicken of 21/22.

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

While I also don't rate as highly as some on here, clearly Premiership teams disagree and that's only that matters. If he wants Premership now, no doubt with much  higher wages, we may to face inevitable. But not less than £8 million - about same as Barnsley's sell on clause for Stones....

This is such a difficult one to call, as we know the benefits to the team and our club that TL's brings. We know his worth by staying with us and being a part of this next season ahead, that we're also still building the puzzle pieces ourselves, as we all speak. Others above have also alluded to current market value(s), the draw of the Premiership for the majority of players etc.

However, if his value is what it currently is and he stays with us for this next season, Carlos and TL's team mates may well tell him to ride this one out, give it his all in 2016/17 and if we don't realise it ourselves during this time, his stock will have more than likely risen again through another stellar season and we would not then stand in his way?

Also, I wonder how much his team mates would come in to this, if the dressing room and dynamic within the team is what it seems to be... how much of an extra draw to stay and get his head down, will this create?

I totally don't want us to lose him and for any amount of money - as I believe his worth is much more than money when all is said and done. Also, as others have stated, we're just way too close to the season beginning and unlike last season, we really need to be hitting the ground running throughout the side.

BUT if our hands is forced through an attractive price offer - who is available at present that could slot straight in, be on the virtual same skill, ability and unassuming nature of just going about their business as SWFC CB, I don't have a clue who that would / could be to be fair.

Long weekend ahead ffs!

5 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Sometimes hard decision have to be made. Duffy at Blackburn only has 12 months left on his contract so I reckon you'd get him

fir no more than £3m.

if we got a silly offer of £10m, which enabled us to being in Duffy another centre half and McManaman would it be that crazy?

My issue is this time around and in CB / back line positions, TL's is definitely better the devil we know and I find it unsettling to have to bring a replacement in, that we simply don't know if it's actually going to work with the incoming replacement, to the same level or better than TL's... such a sh%tty conundrum as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, Owlsmac said:

I hope he will give it at least one more season with us, he brings so much calmness and confidence to the rest of the team.

Why go to Burnley when we will be swapping places next season UTO

Carlos may persuade him to take a look at Christmas. We might be top two contenders or also-rans, and the current suitors might be mid-table or tailed off. 

1 hour ago, Standidno said:

Genuinely think he'll be gone by September 1st

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I was convinced a while ago we needed a marquee signing like Rhodes or another similar type of 10mill purchase.

I genuinely thought we wouldn't be able to repeat the bargain buys of the likes of FF @ 3 mill and Bannan & Lees on a free and would have to spend big.

Following the amazing business we have done over the last couple of weeks i have to hold my hands up, accept the people who run the club know infinitely more than me and accept (very happily) that i was WRONG.

I think you are as well!

Genuine question - anyone get any real sense of how happy he is here? He's such a quiet, serious lad that I find it really hard to gauge his mood. Brief interview post-Brighton at home is about the only time I've really heard him say anything about his experiences of playing with us.

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Sometimes hard decision have to be made. Duffy at Blackburn only has 12 months left on his contract so I reckon you'd get him

fir no more than £3m.

if we got a silly offer of £10m, which enabled us to being in Duffy another centre half and McManaman would it be that crazy?

No, I think I'd go for it. 

Recouping £10M covers the fees for FF, Hooper and Abdi.

Chansiri is a business man so I can't imagine he turn down big offers for any of our players. 

An extra million pounds a year, a chance to play in the biggest league in the world playing against some of the best players in the world and a stage on which other bigger clubs could see how good you on a weekly basis OR stay with a club who squeezed into 6th place in the Championship last season. If you weren't a Wednesday supporter what would you do? In fact, even if you were a Wednesday supporter what would you do?

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

fir no more than £3m.

Duffy at Blackburn is a car crash of a defender. We need lees to stay at all costs

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

No, I think I'd go for it. 

Recouping £10M covers the fees for FF, Hooper and Abdi.

Chansiri is a business man so I can't imagine he turn down big offers for any of our players. 

He's a businessman who wants to go up - because he knows the yield is even higher up there. I guarantee whatever price on Lees' head right now, he'll be worth even more in a year or two. Selling Lees now would not fetch peak value, and would undermine what we're trying to achieve. Chansiri will know that.