Tom Lees

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

They can do one. Hope his head doesn't get turned with a double your money offer 

Doesn't seem the sort, I reckon he's probably got cash stuffed into every orifice of his home as it is as he struggles to work out how to spend his current salary... No flash purchases for our Tom, although that sofa his mum lent him as a stopgap seven years ago could maybe do with being replaced next time Argos have a really decent offer on...

...but ultimately I think everyone becomes the sort if the offer is good enough.

32 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

If Lees went this close to the start of the season we would be looking at a similar start to the campaign as last time with any new recruit needing about a dozen games to properly bed in and form a partnership.

Even if we bought an absolute world beater of a CB I reckon he'd be given a month of training and cameo appearances before being thrust into a central defensive pairing that on preseason evidence looks to be quite well organised and have a good understanding leading on from last season and the work undertaken in preseason thus far.

Yup.

6 hours ago, BC1867 said:

Really pleased to say for once we are in a position to hold out for big money. Hes one of our unsung heroes and a prize asset imho. If John Stones is worth 50 million, Lees is worth at least 10 mil imho

If John Stones is £50 then Lees is too, I really don't rate Stones, if I had a choice of lees and him in my team, lees every time.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, shez owl said:

If John Stones is £50 then Lees is too, I really don't rate Stones, if I had a choice of lees and him in my team, lees every time.

Mate I like Lees but Stones is far better 

46 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Doesn't seem the sort, I reckon he's probably got cash stuffed into every orifice of his home as it is as he struggles to work out how to spend his current salary... No flash purchases for our Tom, although that sofa his mum lent him as a stopgap seven years ago could maybe do with being replaced next time Argos have a really decent offer on...

...but ultimately I think everyone becomes the sort if the offer is good enough.

Chalet at Cleethorpes, or the private retreat in the Antilles, Sir?

:duntmatter:

1 minute ago, s29wfc said:

At what? Playing silly buggers in his own box and thinking he's a reyt baller when he really isn't? 

I agree 100% with you mate. You don't need defenders doing that stuff, running with the ball etc. 

If/when lees gets to the premier league he will sign for a top 4 team and become an England regular. 

Id go as far to say that if he had a South American or African name he would already be playing top end premier league football. 

10 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Stones is only going for that much money because it's City. You can't set Lees' price based on that. 

Still,  we need more defenders, not less. 

By the same token burnsley want £15m for keane and lees is better than him, hence the valuation of £15-£25m 

Why would we sell ? 

Clearly DC is building a team capable of promotion and whatever he is worth now you could double that if we go up .

Why do people say things like I would take 10m for him ?    Who would you replace him with ? someone for 11m ?