Tom Lees

We've rejected a 5million pound bid from Burnley for Tom Lees according to the Daily Mail. Sunderland, Derby and Fulham also want him according to the article.

No chance in my opinion especially with our current situation with defenders

Edited by s6 owl

Ten million is about right, but I genuinely think we and he would say no. There is something very special brewing and I hope Tom wants to be part of it. He could be a PL CB for years to come with us.

Edited by Holmowl

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I'd sell him for 8 million or more.  I like him but he is nowhere near as good as people make out.  Can't sell him yet anyway though, he's the only fit CB we have!!

2 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I'd sell him for 8 million or more.  I like him but he is nowhere near as good as people make out.  Can't sell him yet anyway though, he's the only fit CB we have!!

Just spotted it's only Owls in Japan, Canada and USA (me on holiday) that are still posting.

And drunkards back in UK.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Not sure why I got begged on last post.  I rate Lees but he is nowhere near as good as most Owls think.  When Loovens is out he looks very average. If Hutch can stay fit, he will be a better CB imo.  Not slagging Lees off, he's still better than anything we've had at CB in the last 20 years!

16 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Not sure why I got begged on last post.  I rate Lees but he is nowhere near as good as most Owls think.  When Loovens is out he looks very average. If Hutch can stay fit, he will be a better CB imo.  Not slagging Lees off, he's still better than anything we've had at CB in the last 20 years!

Be reyt mate, I got your point. No need to beg. :rolleyes:

Have to admit, I'd be slightly unsettled if we lost Lees this close to the start of the season. He's very good and capable at this level and seems to fit so very well at Wednesday. I'm working on the assumption that we need one more first team starter centre half before the window closes. If Tom was to go, that would throw a spanner in the works and mean we'd need two top quality defenders capable of starting a match in and settled by season opener. A difficult, but perhaps not impossible task. For mine, I'd rather manage that risk keeping Tom, Hutch and Loovens, bringing in just one more.

Edited by themaskedowl

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Do you get to games?

Lees has been outstanding since day 1.  Unbelievable signing for £250k.  

I'd be slightly worried if they upped their offer, which they could do easily, or if another club got involved. Should offers go above £8/9m then I think the club accountants would start to lean heavily on DC and CC. 

Time for our resolve to be truly tested. Unless we have a couple of CB targets of our own lined up.