Abdi RS Interview

57 minutes ago, RichieB said:

It's one of the reasons he left watford by all accounts, he was played out of position there last season. 

If he's playing CM god knows where that leaves Bannan or Lee, I know Bannan can play left but I don't think that will be a regular thing next season tbh. 

Carlos has a real 'selection headache' now but it's brilliant isn't it. This is the best squad I've seen in my time watching Wednesday. 

Fifty odd games coming up bang bang,bang. Everyone's going to get games .

10 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He sounds a very down to earth and intelligent character (in the context of footballers more generally)

Like Scram said about him and FF...not money driven but likes to belong to something...welcome to the owls AA

21 minutes ago, rrobcook said:

I love that we now have players wanting to come to us.

I've not felt this good about our club since the 90's.

Top class players turning their backs on other football clubs at a similar level to join CC's revolution!

We've come a long way since Lee Trundle turned us down that's for sure 

2 hours ago, RichieB said:

It's one of the reasons he left watford by all accounts, he was played out of position there last season. 

If he's playing CM god knows where that leaves Bannan or Lee, I know Bannan can play left but I don't think that will be a regular thing next season tbh. 

Carlos has a real 'selection headache' now but it's brilliant isn't it. This is the best squad I've seen in my time watching Wednesday. 

Someone posted a 4-2-3-1 formation yesterday with lee and bannan as deeper sitting behind FF, AA and RW behind Fletcher. Ignores Hooper I know but I like it. Obviously room for manoeuvre depending on opponents and situation.

41 minutes ago, rrobcook said:

Top class players turning their backs on other football clubs at a similar level to join CC's revolution!

If Fulham were one of the other clubs as suggested he also chose to move up north from London too, which is fairly out of the norm for most footballers on a big wage.

He sounds like a pretty down to earth chap, which is nice.

At times t'old Underwater Phone comes through.....

:columbo:

He sounds well up for this coming season, intelligently spoken with his football knowledge, and hopefully gels well in the squad to add quality to the line-up.

Think he'll be a fans favourite for sure.

3 hours ago, RichieB said:

Unless I'm reading it wrong in here http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-barry-bannan-makes-plea-to-owls-fans-1-8038827 then I see Carlos is speaking a fair bit about the positional ability of both Bannan and Lee, quite possibly hinting that the Prof (Why do I instantly think of The Doctor - Rossi, when typing that) will most certainly keep his favoured CM role, which we all now know was a big factor him leaving Watford. Therefore, meaning Bannan will play left and Lee right as a natural more permanent ask?

As you say, some huge headaches for CC & Co coming up, that will only get more difficult as the players put in sterling games but it's a luxury we're not used to.

Most believe that we're still 2, 3, or poss 4 off for true 'Quality Strength in Depth', that undeniably we didn't truly have last season when all is said and done. Most of the promotion teams have virtually the exact same quality, skill, nounce  on the bench, as in the first 11... I don't think we quite managed that last season but we always knew we are a work in progress... that is progressing nicely, I'm sure all would agree?

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

He is making it VERY clear that he wants to play centrally.

Not really, he's a central player who says himself can play wide but if he plays wide he prefers left.

I don't see that we have a McGugan on our hands from that interview