Abdi RS Interview

3 hours ago, sagesse said:

And when you listen to the Leon Clarke interview with RS at the bottom of the page, we are really at a different level now. Roll on 7 August...

Aw. I actually felt like Leon gave a really decent account of himself there. I kinda hope he gets on alright. (Hope the rest of them are terrible though!) 

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Someone posted a 4-2-3-1 formation yesterday with lee and bannan as deeper sitting behind FF, AA and RW behind Fletcher. Ignores Hooper I know but I like it. Obviously room for manoeuvre depending on opponents and situation.

Like this....

LINEUP111469758711427.png

22 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Not really, he's a central player who says himself can play wide but if he plays wide he prefers left.

I don't see that we have a McGugan on our hands from that interview

No not at all.

From what the Watford fans say we have a scholar and a gentleman. Really looking forward to watching him.

In fact I find it refreshing that playing position was an important part of his negotiations. I read an article that said his only interest is football. 

10 hours ago, Beholder said:

In the middle it is then.

We build the team around him.

Might mean a period of adjustment though. Obviously the team has gotten used to players in certain positions.

we could even find out Kieran Lee is the best right back at the club and may be employed there if midfield is covered. Not saying that this will happen but I trust Carlos to come up with the best answer for the team. I also think there will be more than 1 formation used on the way to promotion this coming season.

We are so fluid, Formation is almost just a convenient term....

AA signing takes the heat off BB - if teams stopped Bazza then the main artery of the side is plugged.  Abdi offers us yet another dimension.

I would not like to be an opposition coach who has to try and counter the obvious threats from all over the pitch.

With Hutch at CB, his distribution can get the ball through midfield to whoever is in space.

Another exciting season beckons.

Edited by Flat Owl

If Abdi want to play central then drop Lee, no brainer for me if Bannan and Abdi click in the middle together!

Play your best players in their best position and if that means Lee sits on the bench because we have better then so be it!