Big Dave set to leave?

3 hours ago, Mishowl said:

I can't comment on if he is a 'top bloke' because I've never met him.

However just how many players do we keep at the club because they are top blokes / good in the dressing room etc? It was the same argument with Semedo but we don't have a bottomless pit of money and at some stage we are going to need to start trimming the wage bill.

If he's at the club for football reasons then fair enough but this 'top bloke' stuff is just rubbish. 

It's because even his biggest fans know he's not very good so the only thing that's going for him is his character. Needs binning IMO. Bringing him on in games hasn't had that much of an effect, better off getting rid then he can't stall the progress of others, Joao/ Hirst etc

30 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

It's because even his biggest fans know he's not very good so the only thing that's going for him is his character. Needs binning IMO. Bringing him on in games hasn't had that much of an effect, better off getting rid then he can't stall the progress of others, Joao/ Hirst etc

Why aren't you coaching the Owls ? I'm sure CC would value input from such a professional coach like yourself

16 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Good luck to him if he does go.

Eventually I can see him leaving.

That said, there's a few other players I would've thought would've been discarded too but as yet haven't. Yes, we need a big squad and plenty of options but I don't think Nuhiu is needed. We've got one of the best attackers in the League who can also play out wide or in a front three in Forestieri. We've got Hooper and Fletcher both of whom are ideal for this level and too good for this level. And then we've got the likes of Matias, Joao and Hirst.

I don't think a new forward is needed even if Nuhiu is discarded, I'd much prefer we splashed out big on a partner for Lees at the back. But if we were to bring in another new striker, then I would like us to and could see us bringing in Matej Vydra.

any of the alternative forwards capable of being a trouble to opposition defence in the air?

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I still think Nuhiu offers something different from the bench than any other of our strikers for those games that we need to go direct. But I wouldn't begrudge him a move away as he wont be starting many games 

I wish him well whatever happens. Just can't see him making our bench with the quality we now have in my ye squad. Sooner see the likes of Hirst on there. 

1 hour ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

I'm assuming you've never actually watched a game where nuhiu has been brought on?

Quite often positively changed the dimensions of the team.

11 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I still think Nuhiu offers something different from the bench than any other of our strikers for those games that we need to go direct. But I wouldn't begrudge him a move away as he wont be starting many games 

Since  his debut at QPR, where he looked useful, he's gone backwards ...

4 minutes ago, Dave is rubbish said:

Take it  people on here don't like people  with opinions 

We need better 

Four posts.

All slagging off nuhiu.

Username "dave is rubbish".

Can't work out why nobody listens to you?

Guest Dave is rubbish

Ok decent point 

All I'm saying if we are going to improve this season we need better than nuhiu

33 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

I'm assuming you've never actually watched a game where nuhiu has been brought on?

Quite often positively changed the dimensions of the team.

Rotherham at home. Underlined, if there was any example needed just how utterly useless he is. Wish him luck but he is shuffle

28 minutes ago, Dave is rubbish said:

Take it  people on here don't like people  with opinions 

We need better 

We need better for what is arguably our 5th/6th choice forward I don't know what planet you live on.

everybody is aware of his failings and I doubt he will get much game time this season BUT if called upon he will do a job.

Out of interest who would you replace him with as a backup to the backups ? 

2 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

We need better for what is arguably our 5th/6th choice forward I don't know what planet you live on.

everybody is aware of his failings and I doubt he will get much game time this season BUT if called upon he will do a job.

Out of interest who would you replace him with as a backup to the backups ? 

With so many forwards on the books, sooner offload than having him hanging around. Better for him as well

10 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Rotherham at home. Underlined, if there was any example needed just how utterly useless he is. Wish him luck but he is shuffle

Where EVERYBODY was rubbish that day.

He's not shuffle. He certainly fits in the "if we can get better options, move on" category, as do a few others. But he does offer another choice, Joao scored more goals but didn't change games nearly as often as he should.

18 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

With so many forwards on the books, sooner offload than having him hanging around. Better for him as well

Hooper - probably in the starting 11

Fletcher - probably in the starting 11

Forestieri - often deployed out wide

Joao - squad player

Nuhiu - squad player

Hirst - youth player

Bus - transfer listed.

Forestieri often on the left, fletcher with a sketchy fitness record, and Joao inconsistent. Not exactly overloaded with strikers.