Big Dave set to leave?

3 hours ago, BarnOwl55 said:

I really hope he stays.

I was commenting on another thread about how it is important to see the team in terms of 18 and not simply 11 players.  This guy is such a 100%er and he still has a role to play.  He may not be a prolific goal scorer but if we are a couple ahead with 10-15 mins to go, he is a great option to bring on and tie up defenders and create all sorts of problems for the opposition. 

We know he will never knowingly let us down and I am sure there is place for him in certain given circumstances.

this is spot on. We must keep him to see games out when it is tight. He is fantastic when we need to defend set pieces when our bums are squeeky.

4 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

How do you know this? As you said Abdi is going to Brighton because it's sunnier nicer, his wife likes it blah blah. 

Fair guess. We need to trim the squad. 

Surprised Abdi signed for us. We must be paying big money. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Fair guess. We need to trim the squad. 

Surprised Abdi signed for us. We must be paying big money. 

It's a Fair guess that you're probably right in that we will need to "trim" the wage budget, that said I think we have a few that Carlos would rather leave before Big Dave, it will be interesting to see who really pulls the purse strings if  others don't want to go...

Just now, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

It's a Fair guess that you're probably right in that we will need to "trim" the wage budget, that said I think we have a few that Carlos would rather leave before Big Dave, it will be interesting to see who really pulls the purse strings if  others don't want to go...

Good luck to the lad if he does go. In an ideal world I'd keep him, but he's probably the type of player that needs games. 

Suspect we we will send a lot out on loans where we subsidise wages. Amazing how things have turned round in the last 5 years. 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Good luck to the lad if he does go. In an ideal world I'd keep him, but he's probably the type of player that needs games. 

Suspect we we will send a lot out on loans where we subsidise wages. Amazing how things have turned round in the last 5 years. 

Let's hope you're right but we should not forget Milan led the first Three and a half years of the recent phoenix revolution, we're now moving into the "true" Chansiri years, it's now time to see if he is the real deal or another rich man wanting to play god...

7 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Let's hope you're right but we should not forget Milan led the first Three and a half years of the recent phoenix revolution, we're now moving into the "true" Chansiri years, it's now time to see if he is the real deal or another rich man wanting to play god...

pretty stupid comment imo

he's not done much wrong so far - we have a team

ready to have a good go at promotion for the first time since we were relegated

Good luck to him if he does go.

Eventually I can see him leaving.

That said, there's a few other players I would've thought would've been discarded too but as yet haven't. Yes, we need a big squad and plenty of options but I don't think Nuhiu is needed. We've got one of the best attackers in the League who can also play out wide or in a front three in Forestieri. We've got Hooper and Fletcher both of whom are ideal for this level and too good for this level. And then we've got the likes of Matias, Joao and Hirst.

I don't think a new forward is needed even if Nuhiu is discarded, I'd much prefer we splashed out big on a partner for Lees at the back. But if we were to bring in another new striker, then I would like us to and could see us bringing in Matej Vydra.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

39 minutes ago, waynecoyne14 said:pretty stupid comment imo

he's not done much wrong so far - we have a team

ready to have a good go at promotion for the first time since we were relegated

Pretty nieve and imature response imo, just which relegation are you refering to, we've had a few ya know ?

Your comment would suggest you haven't really followed Wednesday for too long and just want to see (possibly temporary) success at any cost..

He's forward sold income (3 year ST's) and changed a few things that go against our club's tradition, I agree that each on it's own may not be a bad thing but if things don't go well next season or the season after where will we be then ?

Hull, Blackburn and Cardiff would suggest we should be cautious...

yet some numpties just want us to spend, spend, spend, it may be Chansiri's money but it is almost certainly stacked against SWFC and not Chansiri's own personal wealth...

Be careful of what you wish for, it might not be the same as what you get...

10 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Definately Davey, I was just pointing out that he adds a lot to the team off the field. In all honestly I do believe he will be restricted in terms of game time with the signing of SF.

Sentiment aside, I don't see any other reason to keep him in the squad anymore? It's undoubted his influence off the pitch and in the dressing room, much in a similar way to Semedo to be fair. But the questions we should be asking are they good enough for a realistic top two chasing side? Are they good enough for the next level? And would either of them be good enough to play a part in one of our promotion rivals squads? Put sentiment aside, I think we all know the answers to those questions.

We've already got better, I can't even see him getting on the bench much anymore, nevermind starting. We need better to go up and much better once we get there. I wouldn't lose any sleep if he was discarded, as we're strong in the attacking areas of the team and like I said if a new forward was needed, I don't think one is as we more importantly need to strengthen other areas, then we should go for someone like Vydra. Someone who would add extra to the squad, play a bigger part, offer more and compete with and improve our other forwards and compliment what we've already got, plus he's familiar with a few of our players already too.

As it stands Forestieri; Fletcher, Hooper, Matias and Joao are good options to have at this level, add someone like Vydra to that and we'd have arguably perhaps the strongest attacking options in the division? With the capabilities of possibly playing at a higher level too. Ahead of some of the most creative players in the division too. That excites me, add a bit more physicality and height defensively or a quality partner for Lees at the back and I could see us breaking into the top two.

9 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Birthday meal tonight. We have by far and away the coolest squad in the Championship.

Screenshot 2016-07-29 at 22.50.35.png

Its great that our 'Foreign Legion' of players are bonding but does this show a split between them and the home grown lads?

2 minutes ago, owl-zat said:

Its great that our 'Foreign Legion' of players are bonding but does this show a split between them and the home grown lads?

no

but then again you have a reputation for poison posts..so fill your boots