Big Dave set to leave?

A friend in Holland who supports Go Ahead Eagles (Wednesday played in pre-season around 8 years ago) has just messaged me asking what Nuhui is Luke as rumours are he may be signing for them.

I believe Go Ahead were promoted back to the top division in Holland last season after being relegated the previous year.

I really hope he stays.

I was commenting on another thread about how it is important to see the team in terms of 18 and not simply 11 players.  This guy is such a 100%er and he still has a role to play.  He may not be a prolific goal scorer but if we are a couple ahead with 10-15 mins to go, he is a great option to bring on and tie up defenders and create all sorts of problems for the opposition. 

We know he will never knowingly let us down and I am sure there is place for him in certain given circumstances.

8 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Hope not.  Gives 100% every game, whether for 5 minutes or 90,  genuinely loves it here, and, most importantly offers something different.  Opposition managers, fans, and defenders hate playing against him. 

^^^^^^

This 

34 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Well I think his opportunities to play will be limited this season but don't think the club would actively look to sell him so would have to be his decision if he does go.

No, it'd be the club's decision.

Don't see it myself he has a decent contract and has prominently featured in our preseason and despite what most on here think we would demand a decent transfer fee. Otherwise he would have signed for Rotherham in June!

also he's been held in high regards by every manager we've had 

Edited by CS5swfc

32 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Hope not.  Gives 100% every game, whether for 5 minutes or 90,  genuinely loves it here, and, most importantly offers something different.  Opposition managers, fans, and defenders hate playing against him. 

I'd do the same 100% effort. I'd love to play (still got it).  Not only the opposition hate playing against him, so do our players (not in a personal way) and also himself, coz no one has any idea what he's going to do with the next touch of the ball.

As a character can't fault him, can only see him coming on as a sub and playing in the cup games this next season. I don't think the plan is to sell him, didn't he only sign an extension of his contract a few months back?  CC it seems still has plans for him.

Edited by Holmes