442. Who plays right?

Guest wilyfox

That is something we're keen to find out. Abdi has already spoken of his preferred position since joining. Wouldn't be too pleased to be parked outwide, I bet. Interesting to see how Carlos lines us up against Villa. 4-3-3 possibly? ..but then we've been saying that for sometime and Carlos hasn't gone for it. 

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Bannan?

Lee?

Abdi?

or Wallace?

It's a conundrum.

I'm thinking Bannan.

What you reckon?

Wallace at the minute. Bannan to play central where he is best. Lee has the energy to play on the right and wouldnt give an inch to opposing players whilst being able to push forwards and create problems. Good conundrum to have

7 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

I'm thinking we may struggle to keep all our midfielders happy. Abdi didn't want to to play on the right at Watford, why would he for us? 

He Was played out of position at RB last year i think thats were he didnt want to play . CM or RM will be his position depending on what CC wants.

3 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

He Was played out of position at RB last year i think thats were he didnt want to play . CM or RM will be his position depending on what CC wants.

I'm going on this... 

“I didn’t always play in my right position,” Abdi said in an interview with the Sheffield Star. “I like to play in the middle but I played a lot on the right hand side last year. Watford couldn’t tell me I would play in my right position this year so I was looking for something else and I think Sheffield Wednesday are a perfect solution.”

5 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

I'm going on this... 

“I didn’t always play in my right position,” Abdi said in an interview with the Sheffield Star. “I like to play in the middle but I played a lot on the right hand side last year. Watford couldn’t tell me I would play in my right position this year so I was looking for something else and I think Sheffield Wednesday are a perfect solution.”

So it's gonna be Abdi and another.

Maybe should be 

FF Abdi Bannan Lee

Lee has played there on the right before. Lest season he did for a few games. 

Just now, adamwestsleftear said:

We need to embrace the strengh in depth..and not try to shoe horn players in..

bannan/lee/abdi should be competing for 2 spots in the middle

wallace on the right        

matias/ff on the left

That gives us decent shape...

Dunno about that.

Personally I would say quality players can adapt.

Choose the best players and they will find a way. 

An interesting situation, Abdi wants to play in the middle, Forestieri wants to play centrally. The only way to accommodate both in their preferred positions, is a change of system. That may not be what's best for the team, but Abdi wide right, and Forestieri wide left, won't keep them happy