Summer Transfer Dealings From 3 Years Ago

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer said:

How times have changed. Sad thing is we all got giddy with excitement over half of those. Shows how our expectations have changed too.

Really? I just seem to remember bitter disappointment, when that lot signed. Nuhiu proved me wrong to a degree, but the rest of them, just rubbish

7 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

..and over the years we've had WAY worse transfer windows than that.

Exactly

Anyone remember the great summer of 2008 when James O Connor and Jimmy Smith signed on loan

1 hour ago, poite said:

The horrifying thing is that the worst one of that lot is still here :ph34r:

Go  then Nuhiu or Helan? For me Coke, Maghoma & Zayatte contributed far far less in a Wednesday shirt than either of them.

Each to their own though I guess.

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

:duntmatter:

DAVID PRUTTON SIGNS NEW 1 YEAR CONTRACT

JACQUES MAGHOMA SIGNS FROM BURTON ALBION ON A BOSMAN FREE TRANSFER
MIGUEL LLERA SIGNS NEW 1 YEAR CONTRACT
GILES COKE SIGNS NEW 2 YEAR CONTRACT
JERMAINE JOHNSON SIGNS NEW 1 YEAR CONTRACT
JEREMY HELAN SIGNS FROM MANCHESTER CITY ON A 4 YEAR CONTRACT
ATDHE NUHIU SIGNS FROM ESKISEHIRSPOR ON A 3 YEAR CONTRACT
KAMIL ZAYATTE SIGNS FROM ISTANBUL BB ON A 2 YEAR CONTRACT

Didn't know Zayatte had run a bed and breakfast before he joined us

9 hours ago, darra said:

Didn't know Zayatte had run a bed and breakfast before he joined us

That may explain quite a lot.

Honestly, I'm not too disturbed by most of those. Definite query over Coke getting a 2 year extension. ???. Given where we were at then, all of those signings are understandable, and I actually like some of those players. The ones that gave what they had and you really can't ask for much more than that. What is really interesting is how big the gap is between treading water in the Champ and actually having a squad capable of achieving promotion. It does feel like there is a gap opening up in the Champ, to say nothing of the gap that still exists between Championship promotion and the Prem.

11 hours ago, GMOwl72 said:

Go  then Nuhiu or Helan? For me Coke, Maghoma & Zayatte contributed far far less in a Wednesday shirt than either of them.

Each to their own though I guess.

The worst of the lot is probably zayatte especially after it emerged he faked injury. Helan isn't far behind. It's refreshing to see people actually realise he can't play football. So many on here bigged him up to be some kind of superstar perhaps more out of desperation than anything else but it was tiresome to say the least! 

Nuihu is like imbrahimovic compared to most on that list 

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

The worst of the lot is probably zayatte especially after it emerged he faked injury. Helan isn't far behind. It's refreshing to see people actually realise he can't play football. So many on here bigged him up to be some kind of superstar perhaps more out of desperation than anything else but it was tiresome to say the least! 

Nuihu is like imbrahimovic compared to most on that list 

Football is a game of opinions and Helan like Nuhiu divides opinion amongst most on here. I think his pre-season form has been a little erratic and I'm glad we've signed Pudil but I think he's been a good servant for us like Nuhiu has been and we have had our money's worth out of both players. We're now progressing to another level and some players who've helped us get this far pre-DC will be moved on at some stage but they'll get nothing but thanks and respect from me. That said I still can see them both playing a part this season but I think they'll both be moved on next summer?

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

yes i looked him up on wiki ...didnt play last season so guess he's injured .

Hes been rumoured with a move to Burton, I'd presume on loan, can't see them affording his wages.