Team for Villa

8 minutes ago, ohgoditsjames said:

People dropping Hooper are hilarious. Abdi is a central mid player so he shouldn't play on the wing. Would Lee be as good as Wallace there? 

Our 442 is very fluid, our wingbacks are our wingers going forwards, Abdi and Forestieri will take turns drifting inside behind the front two (infront of our mid-two paring) i'd imagine. Abdi may not be as effective at RM but it's either that or drop either Abdi or Hooper for Wallace.

This is a lovely problem... I feel like trying to get our best players on the pitch inevitably results in an unprotected back four or a narrow looking structure. It's an impossible task. With the squad we have we just can't player a settled starting 11, what we can do is have an adaptable squad which alters dependent on the side we face. Although... the obvious 5 at back should remain settled.

Wide-Attacking Formation

Matias     Abdi    Lee    Bannan

Fessi

Fletch

Narrow 4-2-2-2

Lee    Bannan

Abdi                        Fessi

Hoops     Fletch              

Flat 4-4-2

Wallace   Lee   Abdi   Bannan

Fessi     Fletch

Pressing 4-3-3

Abdi       Lee      Bannan

Matias   Fletch   Fessi

But obviously the most likely is going to be a huge mash up which flows from one formation to another in a seamless transition. Oh, and there could be more signings to come!

2 hours ago, s110wl said:

Just over a week away - now we have two more through the door, how are people expecting us to line up vs the Villa?

I'll go for:

Westwood

Hunt Hutchinson Lees Pudil

Lee Bannan Abdi 

FF

Hooper Fletcher

Absolutely love this line up. Its time for a wednesday team to stop thinking about how they can stop the opposition and let the other team start worrying about how to stop us

2 hours ago, Bez said:

Hunt Hutchinson Lees Pudil

Melo

Lee               Bannan

Abdi

Fletcher  FF

Gosh! 

playing without a keeper is really Dangerous. I love the idea of playing attacking football and pressing high up the pitch but I still think we'll need a goalkeeper even if it's just to take the goal kicks.

As it stands

Westwood

Hunt - Lees - Hutchinson - Pudil

Lee - Bannan

Wallace - Abdi - Forestieri

Fletcher/Hooper

Seems a bit daft to drop Hooper, but I can't get a front two without dropping Lee or Bannan, Forestieri is better out wide and I can't see a reason why we'd drop Wallace either right now. Looking at that though, a CB and a RM and it looks very good for top 2 that!

Westwood

Hunt-lees-hutchinson-Pupil

Matias- Lee- bannan- forestieri

Hooper-Fletcher

I don't think Abdi will start our first game

Westwood

Hunt Lees Hutch Pudil 

Wallace Lee Bannan FF 

Fletcher Hooper 

Subs: 

Hooper for Abdi (FF pushing up top alongside Fletcher, Bannan wide) 

Wallace for Matias 

Joao for Fletcher

Wednesday win 2-0 Goals from Hooper and FF. :manager:

Guest Ash76

So many options, this won't be how we line up but i think long term it will be my favourite

Westwood 

Hunt 
Lees 
Hutch 
Pudil 

Bannan 

Lee 
Abdi 
Forestieri 

Hooper 
Fletcher

A lot of posters are asking the question, "who will we drop?". It's not about "dropping" anyone now. It's all about squad rotation, keeping players fit and ready and having a fluidity in the matchday squad that can change formations and ways of playing at the drop of a hat. Normally before the season kicks off I'm usually a bit "meh", we'll see what pans out. This season I cannot wait until kickoff and am close to a premature one in anticipation of what is to come. I wonder if Benitez is looking at us now and thinking, "Oh poo , what have I let myself in for ?" lol

3 hours ago, fudge27 said:

WESTWOOD

HUNT  HUTCHINSON    LEES     PUDIL

LEE        BANNAN

WALLACE     FORRESTERRI   MATIAS

FLETCHER

Could be 4-4-2 with FF moved up alongside Fletcher

Can see Abdi being eased in with only one pre season game left to get to know the team. Wallace was excellent last season, so dropping him straight away wouldn't be right imo. Especially with Fletcher up top.

I don't think we signed Abdi to sit on the bench...