Team for Villa

Not what i'd pick but I reckon this is probably how we will line-up against Villa given that Abdi has played RM last season;

Westwood
Pudil   Lees   Hutchinson  Hunt
Forestieri  Bannan  Lee  Abdi
        Hooper    Fletcher

Westwood

Hutchinson.      Lees.    

Hunt.                                             Pudil

Lee.         Abdi       Bannan

Forestieri

Hooper.              Fletcher

If if this team doesn't suffer many injuries / suspensions we are going to be right up there come May 17

embarresment of riches with Wallace, Matais, Joao, Nuhiu sat on the bench

1 minute ago, TrueOwl said:

Not what i'd pick but I reckon this is probably how we will line-up against Villa given that Abdi has played RM last season;

Westwood
Pudil   Lees   Hutchinson  Hunt
Forestieri  Bannan  Lee  Abdi
        Hooper    Fletcher

Thik you have your left and rights mixed up there mate.

Westwood

Hunt Lees Hutch Pudil

Abdi      Lee.    Bannan

Hooper Fletcher Fessi

All three midfielders track back. We have to stop thinking of players from yesteryear that could only attack or defend, the three there can do both.

5 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

you have Pudil at Rb and FF at RM, and Hunt at LB and Abdi LM.

It's a matter of perspective. If you transpose this in a mirror image you technically have to notate Pudil on the right side of the page, and while that might be trigonometrically correct it looks odd to me.

Hooper Fletcher
Forestieri  Bannan Lee Abdi
Pudil Lees Hutchinson Hunt
             Westwood

Defense still a concern for me - if Hutch or Lees get injured we are in trouble with Loovens out for the foreseeable future. Having Semedo fill in isn't an option, we are past all that.

Having Abdi and Pudil in the stripes is a bit step forwards but this needs sorting ASAP...

If I were CC id be on the phone to Mourniho to see who owe can pick up from Man U too - could be few rough diamonds being offloaded as the season starts comes into view.

Also FF has to play in his best position now, it didn't work up front for him last season when played there..we need to get the best out of him.

Should be academic now with Fletcher aboard.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

I think we have an embarrassment of riches going forward , but im very concerned about our lack of numbers at centre half.

We only have three centre halves in our squad if CC sees Hutch as a centre back, in Lees , Hutch and Loovens . One of them is injured and will miss start of season ,and another has glass knees. 

I think a centre half must now be our priority , hopefully before the villa game , because as we stand we will be going into that game with no CB on the bench. 

We also need a back up left back , but could fill this position with a season long loan . 

As i say , i think our midfield and forward lines have enough with the two quality additions of Fletch and Abdi . 

56 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

WESTWOOD

HUNT  HUTCHINSON    LEES     PUDIL

LEE        BANNAN

WALLACE     FORRESTERRI   MATIAS

FLETCHER

Could be 4-4-2 with FF moved up alongside Fletcher

Can see Abdi being eased in with only one pre season game left to get to know the team. Wallace was excellent last season, so dropping him straight away wouldn't be right imo. Especially with Fletcher up top.

Not sure why you got negged, but I think this is a pretty good bet. I'd be surprised if Abdi goes straight into the team, but even if he does it won't be at the expense of wingers like most people seem to be predicting in here. He'll either be replacing Bannan, Lee, or one of them will be pushed out wide.

I'd be amazed if Wallace didn't start against Villa.

On 7/28/2016 at 14:51, ohgoditsjames said:

People dropping Hooper are hilarious. Abdi is a central mid player so he shouldn't play on the wing. Would Lee be as good as Wallace there? 

He's had a stop start pre-season and appears overweight judging by comments (I work abroad so don't get to see) I'd say its not always a case of having your best XI players on the field either. Its about the best team. Melo will have a huge role right now as he is our only DM (assuming Hutch is CB and Semedo is a squad player at best these days)

As it stands now, just as the OP says. I still think we'll add a couple more before the season starts (whether permanent or loan) and that will only improve the squad further. We will have a strong bench as well as a strong team.

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Hutch

Pudil

Abdi

Lee

Bannan

FF

Hooper

FLetcher

this at home wins matches, fair enough change it up away but home this this this!

people saying we would get done in midfield ? We played with Lee bAnnan midfield nearly all season and were class! Abdi works hard too so this will be insane