Official: McGugan is off...

41 minutes ago, vulva said:

Management is about getting the best out of a player. Considering the talent the lad obviously has, and amount he has cost us, I would argue he has been poorly managed. He might be the biggest wazurk in the dressing room, but if he can make a difference, you deal with it. 

Well, thanks for letting me know what football management is all about. (Please don't come back with the obvious comment).  

Quite agree that he has talent, it is a shame that he hasn't found himself a regular position with the talent he has.  You have to ask why he hasn't achieved that and as many others have pointed out, does he put in the effort which CC demands of his midfield players.  I would say no and if he's not prepared to or is not capable of doing so, then CC rules the roost.

7 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

Can totally understand why Carlos was kind about McGugan in his interview as we're looking to off load him.

But can't understand why everyone else is, let's be honest, he's either a waster or extremely stupid.....not totally sure which.

With his obvious talent he could be whatever he wants to be, but he chooses not to.

Just a different type of player that doesn't fit into our style of play.

I don't think he's lazy. Would you call Waddle or Le Tissier lazy?

I'm not saying he's anywhere near their class. But he is a decent player who will do well elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Polar said:

Just a different type of player that doesn't fit into our style of play.

I don't think he's lazy. Would you call Waddle or Le Tissier lazy?

I'm not saying he's anywhere near their class. But he is a decent player who will do well elsewhere. 

I see what you're getting at. Tell me a club in the premiership/Championship that doesn't play a pressing game? You've mentioned two players from the past for a good reason imho.