Official: McGugan is off...

Admire LM's obvious talents at this level but I've always been a bit narked by his apparent refusal (I don't see it as inability, but your mileage may vary) to match the tempo and energy levels of the majority of the teams we've given him a run in. Not unhappy about this little nudge doorwards at all, especially with all the FFP talk of late. I feel he's poor value for money at our club.

Very magnanimous comments from CC there, as you'd hope and expect. Sounds a bit like an eBay listing in places though. 'Pet and smoke-free home' etc.

Cheers Lewis, and best of luck. Hope you find a better fit and get more games and goals, of which you're more than capable if you want it.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Guest domSWFC

Great midfielder. Top half championship level for sure. Just seems as though he's got an attitude or commitment problem that stops him being a long term good player. Always seems to show his quality when he's got a point to prove but once it's proved be disappears again. 

Wish him all the best, and hope he can get his career on track again. 

8 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Whoever gets him, will have a good player with a point to prove. CC maybe clearing way for Alex Lopez or someone similar.

It's the right decision, well done Carlos.

Didn't we say that when we were going for him?

28 minutes ago, MAL said:

Didn't we say that when we were going for him?

Possibly, also makes you wonder if it's necessary to move players on to free squad positions up. John Swift who recently joined Reading was exactly a CC player, high energy, constant passing/moving. 

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Possibly, also makes you wonder if it's necessary to move players on to free squad positions up. John Swift who recently joined Reading was exactly a CC player, high energy, constant passing/moving. 

If you have a player on high wages, and you don't play him then it is necessary to move him on.   UTO 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I still think he has the talent to be our best midfielder.  Not really had a chance under Carlos.

4 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Whoever gets him, will have a good player with a point to prove. CC maybe clearing way for Alex Lopez or someone similar.

It's the right decision, well done Carlos.

He has talent but seems to lack the appetite to play.  Basically what Watford fans told us!

hopefully this means a decent incoming signing in his place.

I don't think he's a bad player, just a player unsuited to high tempo / pressing game. There are quite a few fantastic players over the years that fit this category - many far better than LM. 

Good of luck to him at next place and hopefully the team he slots into play in a style he suits.