The reason we have had a new season ticket card issued this year

Did someone at the club think, 25% more season tickets, so let's ask City Taxi's for an extra 25% to keep their ad on the card - who promptly said no thanks?   Hence the reason all tickets are being replaced.   

How does a business go about selling this kind of premium ad space?  Its something that sits in 20,000 people's wallets 24/7 all year round so surely not having sold the space is not good.

Got my kid a shirt as his sisters have both got blades shirts so whilst I was there I asked if I needed a new ticket as i'd moved from South stand back to kop, they did it there and then and said every card was being replaced and if anyone didn't pick it up by close of play yesterday it would be queued to be posted out.

I don't think you can pick it up in person now, although I may be wrong.

Edited by salmonbones

18 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Did someone at the club think, 25% more season tickets, so let's ask City Taxi's for an extra 25% to keep their ad on the card - who promptly said no thanks?   Hence the reason all tickets are being replaced.   

How does a business go about selling this kind of premium ad space?  Its something that sits in 20,000 people's wallets 24/7 all year round so surely not having sold the space is not good.

They didn't ask city taxis, just assumed they'd do it.

We have a lot of work to do commercially and off the pitch at the club.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

They didn't ask city taxis, just assumed they'd do it.

We have a lot of work to do commercially and off the pitch at the club.

I made a presumption only given the fact the ad is gone.

Do you have any actual knowledge?

Just now, salmonbones said:

I made a presumption only given the fact the ad is gone.

Do you have any actual knowledge?

Haha, yeah - I'd actually completely forgotten about this til your post.

I also know Wednesday are still doing the "buy a box and we'll do business with you" trick.

26 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

You don't know but come to the conclusion the club is charging City Taxs more. Do you work for The Sun?

I went to a meeting at the club on Monday that was open to people who have purchased a box at the club.

The club still seem VERY amateurish on a lot of things.

It came across that they still "expect" people to purchase boxes, tickets, merchandise, advertising space etc, rather that actively try and sell things.

The costings seem plucked out of the air, hence the ridiculous ticket, box and kit prices.

12 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

It seemed like a good gimmick advert.

2+2 sometimes doesn't add up to more than 4.    More tickets sold and losing an advertiser, it seems like a reasonable assumption.

Unless you have facts or some ground to a story you can't make up your own mind and come out with summat that's totally baseless.

i run my own company and I advertise in different places from time to time. So eave use work, some don't. Sometimes you pay a bit extra to get yourself out there but you know it's only going to be for a short time as advertising can be expensive.

Also having your advert in the same place over and over loses that impact you want.

To make up a story like you did is wrong and highly likely untrue. Writing untruths on a public platform can have implications in law.

4 minutes ago, torres said:

I went to a meeting at the club on Monday that was open to people who have purchased a box at the club.

The club still seem VERY amateurish on a lot of things.

It came across that they still "expect" people to purchase boxes, tickets, merchandise, advertising space etc, rather that actively try and sell things.

The costings seem plucked out of the air, hence the ridiculous ticket, box and kit prices.

Yes, i'd heard some pretty alarming things about that meeting like someone telling prospective buyers that we had cheaper or at least very competitive prices compared to similar clubs only to be proved very wrong when presented with the evidence which someone had taken to the meeting, would that be the case.

3 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Yes, i'd heard some pretty alarming things about that meeting like someone telling prospective buyers that we had cheaper or at least very competitive prices compared to similar clubs only to be proved very wrong when presented with the evidence which someone had taken to the meeting, would that be the case.

At times it was embarrassing. That new bloke they have just employed was there and didn't really know what was going off.

Im convinced any sound minded Wednesday fan could do a better job.

They seem so far dispatched from the support base, local area, local business and opportunities it's scary. 

2 minutes ago, torres said:

At times it was embarrassing. That new bloke they have just employed was there and didn't really know what was going off.

Im convinced any sound minded Wednesday fan could do a better job.

They seem so far dispatched from the support base, local area, local business and opportunities it's scary. 

That's all a bit worrying, also 4 boxes in total sold with 2 of them going to 2 players as part of their deal?

16 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Unless you have facts or some ground to a story you can't make up your own mind and come out with summat that's totally baseless.

i run my own company and I advertise in different places from time to time. So eave use work, some don't. Sometimes you pay a bit extra to get yourself out there but you know it's only going to be for a short time as advertising can be expensive.

Also having your advert in the same place over and over loses that impact you want.

To make up a story like you did is wrong and highly likely untrue. Writing untruths on a public platform can have implications in law.

I have one fact.

There is no advertising on the new card.

Actually I have two facts, the club is happy for adverts to appear on the card hence the fact for many years it has had one AND currently no ad is in place.

I'm not trying to say much, others are saying far worse - I do feel multiple revenue streams is vitally important to any football club, regardless of who that club is and their current aspirations.