FFP (again, apologies)

It's interesting, some appear to be in the camp of complaining about believing what Nixon is saying in this instance... But those same people are in the camp of blindly believing Chansiri when he says "We have friends" and "Don't worry about FFP". 

The evidence this season is that there's something not right financially, as we should have shedloads of cash knocking around from ST sales and the Wembley trip. I'm not saying that's the case at all, but there are plenty of people damming Nixon (who I hate) but are guilty of accepting everything Chansiri (who I really like) is saying as gospel.

As is, I believe/hope Nicko is chatting out of his bottom as he tends to... But every day that passes without us signing players is another little extra element of doubt beginning to creep into my head. I've gone from being confident, to a bit annoyed, to a tiny element of worry beginning to show...

We have no idea at the moment. There's nothing wrong with Chansiri not wanting to overpay for players. Sadly given parachute payments we have to wait for Newcastle, Villa and Norwich to mop up the best available, find out what players the Premier League clubs are happy to release and then see how we go then. 

This two year promotion "guarantee" - if that's what it ever was - is not to be taken seriously. Football doesn't work like that - there are those pesky things called other teams with similar ambitions that get in the way. Tricky Trev wasn't going to rest until he brought the League title back to Hillsborough.

"All" I ask is a team that does its best, works hard, plays good football and has a stab at going up - oh and a club that plays in blue and white stripes with reasonably priced tickets. But we won't go there.

lol

Guest wilyfox

Knowing our recent history, and rescue by Mandaric, I doubt DC would be so reckless to lead us back into financial bother just 18 months into his tenure. 

Everyone's expectations maybe were set far too high with us getting to the playoffs last season, new owner, talk of big money. Fletcher signing was probably our big striker signing without the massive transfer fee, we will probably get pudil back and maybe Lopez or something similar and take our chances. Maybe chansiri doesn't want to gamble his money and wants to do things his way, doesn't matter how much money you have its not good business sense to blow your money. Will just have to trust his plan, he is our owner after all. Who knows we might have a nice surprise before the season starts. 

10 minutes ago, ANDY said:

I started a topic " at what stage do we start to worry" at the beginning of this month, and got negged to foook

it now seems people are starting to worry.

Had to plus you just for your nerve.

I would think that before we get near to ffp we would see things like, The TUF Hillsborough stadium, John West Kop and Tuna fish sponsored training kit. That would be the trigger to say we have to bring in extra revenue to "get around" ffp.

For me I don't think a club should be able to go a certain amount into debt as long as the owner pays off any excess.

Be interesting to see whether he means chansiri is worried about ffp from last season or the upcoming one. If it is last season , and we have gone over the threshold, maybe we should go all out and try to make some signings before any impending embargo hits. If he is talking about this season, maybe he just means that we weren't prepared to meet valuations of players like dunk, mccormack etc. Either way, we should still try to sign the best players we can. Might just mean we have to sell one of our prize assets should we not win promotion

Am I missing something here? but many seem worried that the three relegated clubs are able to cherry pick the best players and rightly so. However Are the 3 relegated clubs next not going to be able to do the same with the monies available? and the three the season after that & so on.

13 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Nixon:@kirk_SWFC FFP is a stupid rule. Even experienced people find it hard to work out. Some clubs don't bother.

This is just bullshat, I'm afraid. 

FFP is a three year rolling thing now - it is literally impossible for us to be worried about one or two key decisions triggering it in year one.

We only want to sign players who improve on what we have.  We're probably being quoted way over the top for what we should reasonably expect to pay.

Chansiri doesn't want to spend for spending's sake (and rightly so).  He's right to be worried about FFP, and I suspect, as someone else has said, that we'll see most of our business happen at the end of August when clubs stop playing silly buggers with one another and we can pay reasonable fees.

I'm glad he's thinking about FFP, shows a level of responsibility that we should be glad for - we forget where the hell we have recently been sometimes due to financial recklessness.

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Any idea how much have they spent this summer?

Any idea how many they've had to sell?