FFP (again, apologies)

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Aren't we now allowed £39m losses over a 3 year period?

Surely we're not in danger of falling foul of this?

That's probably the headline figure, but there will be lots of little naunces that form part of that, some of which we may be struggling to comply with.

Guest wilyfox

Even I call BS on this one. It's a 3yr aggregate this season onwards. What happened to the "friends" we supposedly had anyway? One minute DC dismisses FFP concerns, the next he's worried about them? Nah. 

I can't believe that some fans seem to be suggesting that we should ignore potential major fines and a transfer embargo just to remedy their impatience for mass spending.

fletcher, hooper, FF, bannan, lees, hunt and Westwood must all be on absolutely top end champ money .... Not to mention Joao, Matias, Wallace, McGugan, Hutch ....

And don't forget that before we started signing (or giving new contracts to) players of that ilk, MM was susbsidising the club for 5m a year 

i reckon thay that bunch must have added at least 12m a year on to wage bill

then there's the 10m plus spent on transfer fees

We must be currently running at a loss of AT LEAST ten million a year - which clearly Chansiri is happy to cover.

but look at the damage caused to Forest and Blackburn by an embargo? Chansiri is 100% correct to do this properly, even it that means it takes another year or two to get back up

Nottingham Forest got hit with an embargo after spending just 7 million on Britt Assombalonga and Michail Antonio, although they lose huge amounts of money and have about 12 season ticket holders with the rest waiting for them to re enter the champions league because they think they're still massive 

I think we're carrying a hugely overweight wage bill. Bannan, Forestieri,  Hooper, Fletcher,  Mathias,. Lees, Westwood,  McGugan will all be on big wages and we are carrying Dielna,  Lachman, Bus, Vermijl all of whom will not feature but are probably pulling 20K wages per week between them as a min. 

Wouldn't surprise me if our wage bill was 4x that under Mandaric, if not more. 

No matter how many season tix sold and how much Champ TV money we made/ will make, our revenue will be 1.5-2x max.

Add in transfer fees paid last season and it all adds up.

If we were losing 5M a year under Mandaric I Wager we were 15M in the red last season so FFP does loom large if we miss out this season.... 

4 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I think we're carrying a hugely overweight wage bill. Bannan, Forestieri,  Hooper, Fletcher,  Mathias,. Lees, Westwood,  McGugan will all be on big wages and we are carrying Dielna,  Lachman, Bus, Vermijl all of whom will not feature but are probably pulling 20K wages per week between them as a min. 

Wouldn't surprise me if our wage bill was 4x that under Mandaric, if not more. 

No matter how many season tix sold and how much Champ TV money we made/ will make, our revenue will be 1.5-2x max.

Add in transfer fees paid last season and it all adds up.

If we were losing 5M a year under Mandaric I Wager we were 15M in the red last season so FFP does loom large if we miss out this season.... 

PS McGugan prob on 20K per week = sooner we get rid of him and those xfer listed the better. 

9 minutes ago, Wild(smith)Thing said:

Nixon told us last week that Westwood was imminently signing for Hull.

NIXON LIES.

Didn't he also poo poo Fletcher signing?  He's a chancer!

Why would DC leak to him, or let it be known to anyone that he was worried about FFP?  Unless it to our advantage...

Not worried about this in the slightest.

Agree that our wage bill, fees spent rose significantly last year some of which will have been offset by TV, league cup run and play offs......

That said not worried about FFP just yet. Weve not even dropped the sponsirship bomb yet, Chansiri still has his name on the shirts and have stadium naming rights up our sleeve.

Even last year Chansiri didnt throw money at it, bought the right players (mostly, once CC arrived) at reasonable  prices.