FFP (again, apologies)

We've not even spent anything this season. Sold a shedload of season tickets and memberships at a fortune. Just brought 3 new kits out at extortionate prices and an apparent owner/consortium who could buy Abramovich out with what's in his back pocket. Somethings not adding up for me.

Whilst I don't agree with the statement he could buy out Abramovich.......I agree with the rest.  The more learned among us will be able to give us figures, but given our undeniable increase in revenue, and the fact that we haven't paid huge transfer fees, how could we be so close to FFP limits? Have we been offering exorbitant wages? Must say slightly worried......unless of course it's all subterfuge to stop clubs and agents driving up prices.......but would be a little extreme......

Guest Deleted member
12 minutes ago, swfcjam said:

Maybe this story has been put out there to try and stop clubs asking us to pay ridiculously high fees for players because they think we've got loads of money. A bit of mind games from Mr Chansiri, I hope anyway!

Maybe it's been put out there to stop fans asking why the huge amounts we are paying for tickets, and the massive amount of money we made from Wembley and the play offs hadn't reflected itself in any player purchases at all just yet?

Edited by Deleted member

I wondered whether the lack of activity might be something to do with FFP. 

Perhaps Villa and Newcastle coming down has made Mr C worried that the amount he was planning to spend won't get us promoted & that he might have to end up paying a FFP fine out of his own money rather than Premiership winnings. 

There's now us, Derby, Newcastle, Villa, Norwich & Brighton who are expected to go for promotion, as well as possibly Wolves if their money starts coming in. There's also normally a surprise package that goes close. 

8 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Presuming the concern comes from the planned transfer spend against the forecasted income

Which will be down

The corporate income being a big problem, what have we sold, 6 of the boxes?

It's got to be this; FFP concerns don't make any sense otherwise. We shouldn't be struggling given the extra season ticket sales, playoffs and Wembley money. 

That all said, nice to hear our owner is running this like a proper business, and doesn't want to take us back to a similar situation we were in 10 years ago.