Early Bird Pay on the Day

1 minute ago, robster_owl said:

I don't want that kind of help Paolo - that would be way too easy... I want an across the board fairness for ANY POTG supporters who for various and just reasons cannot justify even a Membership, yet by the very structure of the ludicrous pricing policy in place this season, these supporters are shafted royally one way or another.

Some people need to see that life is rarely as black and white as what they believe it to be, for either themselves or those around them.

Folk aren't contacting him saying they're struggling with the prices = He's priced em right

Folk are buying the new Ipswich kit = He was right to ditch the stripes

People at the top only see certain things. He looks at balance sheets and asks his PA if there's been umpteen calls about the offer.

Moaning on here goes nowhere,

Don't think he's a member of OT and he'd probably get banned anyway  lol

7 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Folk aren't contacting him saying they're struggling with the prices = He's priced em right

Folk are buying the new Ipswich kit = He was right to ditch the stripes

People at the top only see certain things. He looks at balance sheets and asks his PA if there's been umpteen calls about the offer.

Moaning on here goes nowhere,

Don't think he's a member of OT and he'd probably get banned anyway  lol

So if this is the case (Although I read in the run up to the Steering event that he has spotters on his behalf on here reporting back or something to that effect) then why can't the club be pro-active and actually create an official poll with the link emailed out as an invite only, to keep all nefarious other clubs fans from voting and sent to ALL who are on the ticket database for e.g. from the past 3 seasons?

This would then enable the club to gather real current market research of it's client base... not some half hearted meet and greet, where people seem too star struck or concerned as not wanting to rock the boat, to actually take him to task about the things that are bemoaned on here and other groups?

That would be way too easy though wouldn't it.

3 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

So if this is the case (Although I read in the run up to the Steering event that he has spotters on his behalf on here reporting back or something to that effect) then why can't the club be pro-active and actually create an official poll with the link emailed out as an invite only, to keep all nefarious other clubs fans from voting and sent to ALL who are on the ticket database for e.g. from the past 3 seasons?

This would then enable the club to gather real current market research of it's client base... not some half hearted meet and greet, where people seem too star struck or concerned as not wanting to rock the boat, to actually take him to task about the things that are bemoaned on here and other groups?

That would be way too easy though wouldn't it.

That is spot on Robster, of course he'll be trawling through Owlstalk or his minions will, it's free market research.

Also the steering group needs to grow a backbone and start asking serious questions instead of chomping on the bourbons and no i'm not suggesting anyone insults our owner or his officials i'm saying we all have an interest in the future of the club and we want to know where it's heading.

After all we'll (Wednesdayites)  be here long after he's departed hopefully.

6 hours ago, Grandad said:

Don't be ridiculous. POTD fans must be punished for not sharing the vision

You're in for it for this post when the 'I'm Alright Jacks' turn up....

Don't agree with you there and yes I am a season ticket holder but the op seems to want to have there cake and eat it. Maybe a compromise where people who can not commit to every game could buy a 15 ticket kind of sceme where you commit to going to at least that many games and pay as you go. Similar to away season ticket but with more leeway? I've had season where I've not been able to commit to full year and current prices would put me

off a little and maybe there should be a little mid ground but for the people who are only interests in the big games are in my opinion being treated fairly.

10 hours ago, sanderbeard said:

Just a thought but could the club do as title above. Get the tickets for the big games like Newcastle, Barnsley ,Derby, Forest etc on sale now. Kop £25, North £30, South £35. Give us POTD fans a chance to get tickets for the games well in advance and revenue early to the club. Might work.

But these are the games that have more chance of being chosen by Sky. 

Do you want to buy a ticket for these games and then find out it's been shifted to a Thursday evening?

Imagine the threads on here if that happened!

I really don't think the club could do as you propose

Guest Deleted member
11 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Have you been in contact with DC? He has a genuine offer of helping those that can't afford to attend. Not many have taken him up on this

How do you know this?

Guest Deleted member
9 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Don't you think it a little unfair shouting from the sidelines  "Grow a Backbone" ?

Maybe he didn't have a choice?

Thought this meant the earlier you went in the ground, the cheaper it was !  At first glance this seems an idea worth exploring but if the price went up by say, a pound, every half hour, there would be congestion at the deadline time.

Even so, it might be worth consideration, especially if food/drink prices were competitive.  Pubs, chip shops and cafes round the ground make a killing on matchdays because the food inside the ground is rubbish and expensive.

£2 off the POTD price 12-1pm with cheaper and better food, say half price.

£1 off 1-2.30, food goes up a bit.

I know we have to have creative thinking these days, but, on second thoughts, it's all geting too complicated anyway.  

Oh for the days when it was the same price every game , and every other Saturday we kicked off at 3pm at home.

Guest Deleted member

The initial post is actually a great idea, and closely follows business plans that work for many many companies

Book early, commit early, for a discount. Why not release the categories for the season now, so people can pick and choose their games, and save some money?

What's wrong with a 20% discount if booked 3 months in advance? 10% 2 months in advance and full price a month from the game??

Edited by Deleted member

Forgeting  price for a moment not being able to buy tickets a few months in advance is a pain. Eg  I would like to go to the wolves game 2nd January i want  to buy two tickets as a gift surely there should be a way that I can buy that now and get the seats I want. 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

The initial post is actually a great idea, and closely follows business plans that work for many many companies

Book early, commit early, for a discount. Why not release the categories for the season now, so people can pick and choose their games, and save some money?

What's wrong with a 20% discount if booked 3 months in advance? 10% 2 months in advance and full price a month from the game??

Actually, not a lot. And it makes sense.

But DC has stated he wants people to commit to season tickets, and things like that would stop people buying them.

What confuses me, is why he's limiting how many season tickets can be bought next year.

17 hours ago, Miffed said:

Wouldn't bother me if everyone paid the same price as me. The benefit of having a season ticket could just be for getting priority for games and I wouldn't care.

I agree.

I was lucky enough to be able to afford the outlay of a ST this season, I know some people aren't as lucky.

The priority benefits were the incentive for me.

My OP wasn`t  about me as I can`t attend 90% of Saturday games due to work but was about all the fans who get to just a few games a season. Be good to be able to buy tickets for any game now and plan ahead. Could in effect attract more fans to games on Sky as fans may have bought tickets months in advance before tv games are announced.

15 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Have you been in contact with DC? He has a genuine offer of helping those that can't afford to attend. Not many have taken him up on this

Perhaps people are a bit too proud to go cap in hand to a multimillionaire ?

Just a thought mind 

Guest The Claw

my mam used to go to the chippy on leppings lane once a month on friday can I skip to the front of the queue if more that 5 in it

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

Actually, not a lot. And it makes sense.

But DC has stated he wants people to commit to season tickets, and things like that would stop people buying them.

What confuses me, is why he's limiting how many season tickets can be bought next year.

What does the last sentence mean ?