Early Bird Pay on the Day

11 minutes ago, sjaowl said:

Ignoring our 20,000 season tickets another 10k in ground at £25 still takes £50k more than another 5k in at £40. Plus goodwill and increased match day non ticket revenue. We are merely helping bail out others pockets. 

Where is this additional 10k per game? 

No matter how cheap it is, there are folk who'll go to 5/6 games max. Otherwise they'd have got early bird STs.

Guest Pat Clarkson
2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

shut up you stupidtwat...get a grip

Not quite got the hang of healthy debate have you?  

Edited by Pat Clarkson

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

No matter how cheap it is, there are folk who'll go to 5/6 games max. Otherwise they'd have got early bird STs.

Or last season memberships.

They've been priced out of them now as well

2 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Up to half of this may well be away fans. Plenty would come at that price to a nearly full Hillsborough. Plus start well and grab lots of goals and that number is easy. 

I will say this though, the more I have typed my thoughts in this thread - I do believe the true deeper seated cause of this kind of attitude of DC's where ticket pricing is concerned, is surely in a big part down to Sky Sport, BT Sport and other media outlets doing what they've been doing to the game for sometime now?

It's weird as if memory serves me right, there were protests and a huge fuss in the press wasn't there, with some Prem ticket costs last season? Why isn't there genuinely any concern at Championship clubs and we as the customers just roll over and have our belly tickled. If the clamour to get to the dratted PL wasn't so humongous, clubs wouldn't have to fleece their 'customers'.

The above still doesn't excuse owners though, from utterly shafting a big enough % of their client base and driving a huge massive wedge between said client base. He IS guilty for that, make no mistake about it but then you have to be the shafted one's, to be able to realise it's happening.

Accessible For All, Affordable For All Football Can Claim To Be No Longer - It's Gone For Good In This Sense.

11 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Of course 10k is way too optimistic I agree, and you are correct that there's folk who can only make 5 or 6 games for their sins but can you not see that over the season, if a few hundred at a minimum can make 5 or 6 and spread over said season... this is REVENUE, it does NOT cause ANY LOSS to the club?

Or do the club have proof that the club actually loses income by having paying POTG at an accessible, affordable and moral price point; for those who for whatever reason cannot commit work or family time, or required funds to ST's or Membership (As the Membership DOES NOT pay) unless you attend 10+ games, quite crafty by DC and the Finance dept. to be fair.

Let me re-iterate the stats I worked out based on my own situation;

440 Miles travel per game = £65 minimum, at 35MPG and £1.10 per litre.

Adult Membership = £50 (10 Home games required to break even)

U11 Membership = £25 (5 Home games required to break even)

Total One Off of £75

Adult, Averaged at Middle Band Cat D £39 (South Stand) - £5 Membership Discount = £34 per Cat D Ticket

U11, Averaged at Middle Band Cat D Average £10 (South Stand) - £5 Membership Discount = £5 per Cat D Ticket

So let’s surmise that my 6 year old son and I attend 10 home games (which is actually unlikely as we tend to only manage a few (Max of 5) at present, not ideal but it is how it is).

£65+ Car Fuel

£39 Cat D Adult Ticket (Re-included the Membership at £5 per game)

£7.50 Cat D U11 Ticket (Re-included the Membership at £2.50 per game)

= £111.50 PER GAME!

In 2014, across the UK, the average monthly disposable income was £187 after all major outgoings, down by £38 from 2013.

A Sad Indictment of Our Beautiful Game.

31 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Or last season memberships.

They've been priced out of them now as well

Devils advocate. 

Do we know how many have took up the higher priced membership compared to last year. 

The biggest moaners I've ever heard are the 5/6 gamers. Don't want to know when we're playing poorly or it's a cold Tuesday night.

Bump up the prices a bit and off they go "it's not fair they're stopping me going/ pricing me out blah, blah"  "Why do I have to pay extra to see Villa/ Newcastle"

ST HOLDER - "Hey Dave, you going to match this weekend"

CASUAL FAN - "Who we playing?"

ST - "Burton Albion"

CF - "Nah, I've got to paint spare room this weekend"

ST - "what about next weekend?"

CF - "who against"

ST - " Preston"

CF - "I've got to take my Mum to get a new car"

CF - "alright Bob, can't believe match last week it was a shocker"

ST - "Did you go?"i

CF - "caught a bit on radio, I'm not paying them prices"

ST - "it was £20 and quid a kid"

CF - "you coming round ours on Sat?, wife's birthday"

ST - "Nah mate, Newcastle at home"

CF - "can you get me a ticket?"

The price debate is getting on my boobies if I'm honest. Buy membership it will save you money if you go to at least 6 games. If not STFU.

17 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

The biggest moaners I've ever heard are the 5/6 gamers. Don't want to know when we're playing poorly or it's a cold Tuesday night.

Bump up the prices a bit and off they go "it's not fair they're stopping me going/ pricing me out blah, blah"  "Why do I have to pay extra to see Villa/ Newcastle"

ST - "Burton Albion"

CF - "who against"

ST - " Preston"

ST - "Did you go?"i

The price debate is getting on my boobies if I'm honest. Buy membership it will save you money if you go to at least 6 games. If not STFU.

Do NOT count me in to your assumptions that are pretty baseless to be fair to boot.

I attend when I can afford it with either time, funds or other commitments and it has absolutely no bearing on who we're playing.... NEXT!

Most people like a poll don't they?

Well, for those who can only attend up to 10 per season at present, please do go to and simply pick your most relevant and likely matches per this coming season number. I've even included those that have Memberships and ST's so the latter don't feel left out... see empathy from the lower classes.

POTG Number of Matches Planning to Attend Poll.

44 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

Of course 10k is way too optimistic I agree, and you are correct that there's folk who can only make 5 or 6 games for their sins but can you not see that over the season, if a few hundred at a minimum can make 5 or 6 and spread over said season... this is REVENUE, it does NOT cause ANY LOSS to the club?

Or do the club have proof that the club actually loses income by having paying POTG at an accessible, affordable and moral price point; for those who for whatever reason cannot commit work or family time, or required funds to ST's or Membership (As the Membership DOES NOT pay) unless you attend 10+ games, quite crafty by DC and the Finance dept. to be fair.

Let me re-iterate the stats I worked out based on my own situation;

440 Miles travel per game = £65 minimum, at 35MPG and £1.10 per litre.

Adult Membership = £50 (10 Home games required to break even)

U11 Membership = £25 (5 Home games required to break even)

Total One Off of £75

Adult, Averaged at Middle Band Cat D £39 (South Stand) - £5 Membership Discount = £34 per Cat D Ticket

U11, Averaged at Middle Band Cat D Average £10 (South Stand) - £5 Membership Discount = £5 per Cat D Ticket

So let’s surmise that my 6 year old son and I attend 10 home games (which is actually unlikely as we tend to only manage a few (Max of 5) at present, not ideal but it is how it is).

£65+ Car Fuel

£39 Cat D Adult Ticket (Re-included the Membership at £5 per game)

£7.50 Cat D U11 Ticket (Re-included the Membership at £2.50 per game)

= £111.50 PER GAME!

In 2014, across the UK, the average monthly disposable income was £187 after all major outgoings, down by £38 from 2013.

A Sad Indictment of Our Beautiful Game.

If prices are a geniuine struggle why choose the most expensive part of the ground?

There are, as you very well know cheaper games, if you can't afford the "big" games then there's plenty of other cheaper matches. Just because they're not high profile teams doesn't mean a worse game. Could be a high probability of more chances/ goals etc. When I go it's always to see Wednesday, sure some games are more attractive but when price becomes an issue that is the one thing you have to weigh up.

6 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

Do NOT count me in to your assumptions that are pretty baseless to be fair to boot.

I attend when I can afford it with either time, funds or other commitments and it has absolutely no bearing on who we're playing.... NEXT!

That is a conversation I had with my mate last season (I altered the team names)

4 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

If prices are a geniuine struggle why choose the most expensive part of the ground?

There are, as you very well know cheaper games, if you can't afford the "big" games then there's plenty of other cheaper matches. Just because they're not high profile teams doesn't mean a worse game. Could be a high probability of more chances/ goals etc. When I go it's always to see Wednesday, sure some games are more attractive but when price becomes an issue that is the one thing you have to weigh up.

Well, for me I'm not wheelchair disabled but I'm physically challenged a lot of the time and I find the South Stand to be the most accessible for my needs. How's that for size? :)

1 minute ago, robster_owl said:

Well, for me I'm not wheelchair disabled but I'm physically challenged a lot of the time and I find the South Stand to be the most accessible for my needs. How's that for size? :)

Have you been in contact with DC? He has a genuine offer of helping those that can't afford to attend. Not many have taken him up on this

16 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

ST - "Burton Albion"

CF - "who against"

ST - " Preston"

ST - "Did you go?"i

6 games was last year. We don't know what the double discount games will be. May be unusable even for 10 game a season types. 

Many of us think our prices are a disgrace - exactly what fans around the country have been arguing against. Some of our prices are the worst example in Britain - which probably means Europe - outside the top division. After the fuss we made about Leeds it's surprised me how many think it's a good idea that we should get behind. I suspect most are ST holders who if they faced the same % rise POTD fans have had would probably be less supportive. 

Just because Chansiri has put some brass in a section of the fanbase believe he can do no or little wrong - some have "faith" in him, some have tears in their eyes when they hear about his lad being upset at Wembley, some "love" our new Ipswich style shirt, some swallow the "heritage kit" line and some laud the reduction to just £45 for children bringing the VAT exclusive price to 83p cheaper than the adult shirts.

He's done a lot I don't deny it - enough for me not to jack it all in - but he's also cost us a lot. I feel like Jezza about the EU, I can see what good he brings but he also brings a lot of poo with him too - some of which I find indefensible. Ultimately to me, and the vocal minority, there's a whiff of danger that something feels a bit wrong. It's a gut feel that this could all get messy.

It doesn't make us less Wednesdayites than the Chansiri backers. We just see supporting Wednesday as something different from you. It isn't all about the Premier League or bust.

Like all chairman support for him hangs on how we perform on the pitch. Top prices demand top performances - I hope the team is capable enough to provide this. 

5 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Have you been in contact with DC? He has a genuine offer of helping those that can't afford to attend. Not many have taken him up on this

I don't want that kind of help Paolo - that would be way too easy... I want an across the board fairness for ANY POTG supporters who for various and just reasons cannot justify even a Membership, yet by the very structure of the ludicrous pricing policy in place this season, these supporters are shafted royally one way or another.

Some people need to see that life is rarely as black and white as what they believe it to be, for either themselves or those around them.

6 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Means tested football. Crikey. I don't think many will put themselves through that. I certainly wouldn't.