Early Bird Pay on the Day

1 minute ago, Miffed said:

Bit harsh

I've got a s/t and have said in numerous threads that the prices are ridiculous.

I would rather see Hillsborough packed to the rafters every game. Hate the thought of fans being priced out.

I also think all fans should not only show empathy but be very cautious that Season Ticket prices could easily sky rocket in the next few seasons.

I didn't allude to every single ST holder, as I didn't choose to say ALL - as that is not indicative of the real situation. Don't get me wrong I have read for myself kind and empathetic down to earth ST holders, feeling the pain of those that aren't in whatever position at present, to make use of ST's or even Membership. However,it's still a loud enough % shooting the Nay-ST'ers down, as if we're some 3rd class fans all of a sudden.

Self-righteousness is a horrid trait and unfortunately OT / S6 has too many of them for my liking. For a brief moment, that cloud lifted to a degree in the run up to Wembley but it didn't last long for the status-quo to be resumed.

You raise a valid point about the ST's in say 2 or 3 seasons time but we shall all see how that pans out won't we.

Hopefully I will be in a position to purchase Membership or a ST then and additionally ask for Membership to the 'S6 ST Crows Nest of HMS Pi5% the League' so I can pour scorn on those 3rd class fans amongst us, from lofty heights to feel included with one's brethren.

Just now, Miffed said:

Wouldn't bother me if everyone paid the same price as me. The benefit of having a season ticket could just be for getting priority for games and I wouldn't care.

Then there would be little point in STs, and the club would find budgeting and finance difficult. 

I'd rather Hillsborough had 30k plus in it every week. That would still be achievable if POTD was around 25/30 quid a ticket, but season tickets would likely have remained at 16k. 

1 minute ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Chansiri needs the cash for the million pound players we've signed. 

I don't think anybody is doubting that, it's pure economics but it's the actual divide that his one end, to t'other end ticket pricing policy has created that is the real issue for many.

I quite like the idea of all the tickets being available all the time. Could use some innovative pricing mechanism almost like eBay with a buy it now price or unsecured lower price that can be out bid. 

37 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Bit harsh

I've got a s/t and have said in numerous threads that the prices are ridiculous.

I would rather see Hillsborough packed to the rafters every game. Hate the thought of fans being priced out.

I also think all fans should not only show empathy but be very cautious that Season Ticket prices could easily sky rocket in the next few seasons.

It won't be packed out with this idea though. Sounds like the OP wants to get his 5/ 6 big games and that's his lot. It waint matter a jot how we're playing. The big games is all he's interested in and he wants a discount with it. This will not benefit the club in any way whatsoever.

Anybody that disagrees is apparently an "I'm all right Jack" and sneering down their noses.

11 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I quite like the idea of all the tickets being available all the time. Could use some innovative pricing mechanism almost like eBay with a buy it now price or unsecured lower price that can be out bid. 

And...if they've not been sold before 15 mins from kick off people can have them for 50p

Yea

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

And...if they've not been sold before 15 mins from kick off people can have them for 50p

Something like that, even if it was any time after kick off you can come in for a fiver or so. 

Must be some mechanism that can balance fulling the seats and the bank balance. 

1 hour ago, sanderbeard said:

Just a thought but could the club do as title above. Get the tickets for the big games like Newcastle, Barnsley ,Derby, Forest etc on sale now. Kop £25, North £30, South £35. Give us POTD fans a chance to get tickets for the games well in advance and revenue early to the club. Might work.

Reyt.

1 hour ago, sjaowl said:

I think you should be able to buy any ticket for any home league game at any time. We all know when the games  are. Club know how much they are going to charge for each. Why not? Club get money in advance. Fans can plan ahead. 

For record I'm a season ticket holder. I'm lucky I can afford one. But I want it as cheap and easy as possible for fellow Owls to get tickets too. I don't begrudge or look down on anyone paying on gate. I want everyone in as cheaply as possible. Wish it was £25 for all adults every game. Frankly it bloody well should be, away fans included. 

1 minute ago, sjaowl said:

For record I'm a season ticket holder. I'm lucky I can afford one. But I want it as cheap and easy as possible for fellow Owls to get tickets too. I don't begrudge or look down on anyone paying on gate. I want everyone in as cheaply as possible. Wish it was £25 for all adults every game. Frankly it bloody well should be, away fans included. 

We'd all want that tbh. But if we want promotion we can't. Simple as. 

Whilst the prachutes for the relegated trio exist, other teams have to abide by FFP. 

We have to suck up the prices or lose money battling relegation and that is the simple truth. It's hard for those that can't afford to regularly go but until we're dining at the top table then we have very little choice.

4 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

We'd all want that tbh. But if we want promotion we can't. Simple as. 

Whilst the prachutes for the relegated trio exist, other teams have to abide by FFP. 

We have to suck up the prices or lose money battling relegation and that is the simple truth. It's hard for those that can't afford to regularly go but until we're dining at the top table then we have very little choice.

Ignoring our 20,000 season tickets another 10k in ground at £25 still takes £50k more than another 5k in at £40. Plus goodwill and increased match day non ticket revenue. We are merely helping bail out others pockets. 

Guest Deleted member

Are we still banging on about FFP FFS? 

FFP is about maximising revenue, something that would be easier to do with more in at a lower price. Share the burden, not rip off those most loyal.

Our prices are a rip off,  there's no two ways about it. It's harming the clubs reputation nationally.  Stop being bloody apologists. 

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Are we still banging on about FFP FFS? 

FFP is about maximising revenue, something that would be easier to do with more in at a lower price. Share the burden, not rip off those most loyal.

Our prices are a rip off,  there's no two ways about it. It's harming the clubs reputation nationally.  Stop being bloody apologists. 

I agree totally. Ten positives if I could. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

Then there would be little point in STs, and the club would find budgeting and finance difficult. 

I'd rather Hillsborough had 30k plus in it every week. That would still be achievable if POTD was around 25/30 quid a ticket, but season tickets would likely have remained at 16k. 

Nah, I get that, I wasnt auggesting the club do it as its not sustainable. I just meant that it wouldn't bother me if it was as cheap for everyone.

You get the impression sometimes that some s/t holders resent it when the club puts on ticket offers throughout the season. 

32 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

It won't be packed out with this idea though. Sounds like the OP wants to get his 5/ 6 big games and that's his lot. It waint matter a jot how we're playing. The big games is all he's interested in and he wants a discount with it. This will not benefit the club in any way whatsoever.

Anybody that disagrees is apparently an "I'm all right Jack" and sneering down their noses.

So, by your reckoning then... there is NO benefit to the club whatsoever, to have this one said poster attend 5 or 6 games per season... so he's getting in free is he, bringing his own pack lunch and beer, bringing his own paper to replace the programme and also wearing non club colours or visiting the club shop?

*Disclaimer* Of course, other than a match ticket there's never a 100% guarantee that any supporter will purchase any of the above items but by the very same token, there's always a % chance that they will and it's the match ticket anyway, that really pulls a fan in to enable the club to cross sell and fertilise the customer base.

So times (x) the above reckoning, by possibly hundreds if not in to quad figures per game throughout the season and the club will sit pretty income wise, in that they haven't benefited by having the above scenario hey?

They will lose ffs, lets say if there's e.g. 1,000 who don't attend because the S6 ticketing pricing policy doesn't stretch as far as those customers, then of course the club loses income jesus christ on a big bike!!!

Talk about a short sighted opinion on your part.

P.S. It's almost always better to bring in a low % numbers of something (product that has a time limit to it, like one football match / ticket), than 100% of nothing in business (fans ostracised from a disgusting POTG pricing policy and thrown to the kerb in pursuit of certain riches) ... it's not as if the club incur hugely increased operating costs by taking in more supporters as the event is already being put on. Also it's not as if they're being asked to be given away free but the divide needs reducing but we know DC won't see it the Western way in this regard.

He's making his bed and he will have to lie in it, we live and die by our decisions... let's home he doesn't rue some of these in the next couple of seasons.

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, robster_owl said:

So, by your reckoning then... there is NO benefit to the club whatsoever, to have this one said poster attend 5 or 6 games per season... so he's getting in free is he, bringing his own pack lunch and beer, bringing his own paper to replace the programme and also wearing non club colours or visiting the club shop?

*Disclaimer* Of course, other than a match ticket there's never a 100% guarantee that any supporter will purchase any of the above items but by the very same token, there's always a % chance that they will and it's the match ticket anyway, that really pulls a fan in to enable the club to cross sell and fertilise the customer base.

So times (x) the above reckoning, by possibly hundreds if not in to quad figures per game throughout the season and the club will sit pretty income wise, in that they haven't benefited by having the above scenario hey?

They will lose ffs, lets say if there's e.g. 1,000 who don't attend because the S6 ticketing pricing policy doesn't stretch as far as those customers, then of course the club loses income jesus christ on a big bike!!!

Talk about a short sighted opinion on your part.

P.S. It's almost always better to bring in a low % numbers of something (product that has a time limit to it, like one football match / ticket), than 100% of nothing in business (fans ostracised from a disgusting POTG pricing policy and thrown to the kerb in pursuit of certain riches) ... it's not as if the club incur hugely increased operating costs by taking in more supporters as the event is already being put on. Also it's not as if they're being asked to be given away free but the divide needs reducing but we know DC won't see it the Western way in this regard.

He's making his bed and he will have to lie in it, we live and die by our decisions... let's home he doesn't rue some of these in the next couple of seasons.

Thank you.  It saved me responding to that ridiculous bloody post