Early Bird Pay on the Day

15 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The I'm Alright Jacks who can afford season tickets and post crap like 'suck up the category prices' absolutely disgust me.

I know a few people who weigh up if they can afford it or not before making a decision practically every year.   I personally think more of them for doing so and think that their children will grow up better people because of it.    In a heartbeat I would give up my S/T if my kids needed something I couldn't afford because of it, and then i'd try to justify POTG on an ad hoc basis afterwards, as I am sure a lot of people actually do.

Indeed for me through the years, the only time I found myself questioning if I could afford to go was after I had kids.  Before then it was a way of life and it went without saying.   Thankfully for me it's a way of life I don't often have to give up, but kudos to those who do for the benefit of the greater good of their family.

However (from a personal point of view) all my arguments are not about what I describe above - I kind of do buy into the season ticket model mainly because I see it as a halfway house as a business and a sport, and like every fan - I want to see SWFC challenging at the top, not the bottom.

12 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Ignorant, narrow minded cretin. You're completely missing the point which indicates your lack of intelligence. It simply isn't about being able to afford a season ticket, it's about fans of the club for whom a season ticket simply isn't financially feasible. 

So if they can't afford it is why would it not b financially feasible. To be honest stick to back teeth of moaning about tickets. But then in same breath screaming for big name signings

Just now, BenOwl1867 said:

So if they can't afford it is why would it not b financially feasible. To be honest stick to back teeth of moaning about tickets. But then in same breath screaming for big name signings

Simply because I attended between 6-10 games a season, why on earth would i purchase a season ticket? I can afford one that's not an issue. The issue is everyday fans, who are still fans of the club, for whom a season ticket just isn't worth it because they have various other commitments, are being made an absolute mockery of. £42 for a home game which is televised on Sky? Absolutely ridiculous.

Just now, 0wl18 said:

Simply because I attended between 6-10 games a season, why on earth would i purchase a season ticket? I can afford one that's not an issue. The issue is everyday fans, who are still fans of the club, for whom a season ticket just isn't worth it because they have various other commitments, are being made an absolute mockery of. £42 for a home game which is televised on Sky? Absolutely ridiculous.

I agree it's expensive for a game but doubt many will be classed as this category. Bristol last year was one of most expensive. Give this one a miss then

47 minutes ago, BenOwl1867 said:

I agree it's expensive for a game but doubt many will be classed as this category. Bristol last year was one of most expensive. Give this one a miss then

Why would I give it a miss when Its looking like one of the small number of games I can actually get to? Im still a fan, ill still pay to watch but, the club are taking advantage of people in a similar situation to myself.

2 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Why would I give it a miss when Its looking like one of the small number of games I can actually get to? Im still a fan, ill still pay to watch but, the club are taking advantage of people in a similar situation to myself.

I think this is one of the things that the "i'm alright jack" brigade don't get

I used to go to every game i could get to - which i often wouldn't know until the day of the game - made about 25-30 games per season home and away

I might miss us playing Man U for eg - but i'd still go against Oldham and Luton (for eg) - because they were the games i could get to while the Man U game wasn't

I would fully accept i had to pay more to watch games on this basis - i wouldn't bother that my membership might useless for priority because i usually couldn't book in advance

And i know there are loads of fans in the same position who just want to go to the games they can get to - and it's really disappointing how they have been almost vlified by not being able to make every game

59 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

That fine for the fans who only choose to go to 2-3 games a season. 

Our fans who for various reasons attend 5-15 games, have really been kicked in the teeth. 

Not strictly true, as my own matrix earlier in the thread of how many games I need to attend, before I am actually seeing a positive upward trend in the offset of the £50 membership fee, is 11 games onwards. This will be the same for whoever, however many they come / bring with them, in that anybody not able to even see the Membership as fitting to their lifestyle, life situation etc, CANNOT make a benefit from it if 10 games or under. (5 for Juniors like with my 6 yr old).

So the one's who can attend say 11 - 15 this season, are that bit better off offer wise. Also there is talk of something similar to a half ST or something, with somewhere in the region of 10 games if memory serves me correct and was mentioned at the Steering evening. Again the higher # attending POTG'ers with a Membership will probably find that a better option, if it actually comes to fruition.

It still always points back to the Non Feasible ST and Non Feasible Membership POTG'ers who for whatever reason, adding that they should NOT ever have to justify to no ****er as to why it's not feasible for them; are the one's utterly shafted by this whole ticket pricing strategy.

I, we and they have a right to feel totally trodden on by the club, thrown to the kerb and utterly ignored - even when the idiots were designing this inclusive to all past, present and future SWFC Supporters... the more I write about it, the more than enough still don't seem to be able to see the real issue and the more that I realise it's actually downright disgusting behaviour of the club for this section of it's fan base.

1 hour ago, BenOwl1867 said:

ST holder by any chance? Also, not many of the 'disgruntled n thoroughly shafted brigade' are "screaming" for big name signings as you put it - those of us who have this issue are actually quite level headed and know how economies of scale, increased expenditure versus income works...

I for one wouldn't be crestfallen to see us go back to mid table Championship but more affordable for all, as I thought we saw ourselves as a 'Family, Community & Inclusive' club, even recently? Then wait for that one season fluke that we get up but then again, I've also never hugely understood the clamour for the Premiership anyway, due to how it's all panned out.

I love football as a game, not the visiting the top PL sides to send a selfie to all and sundry that I've been to the best sides... sometimes, football is more than just the opposition.

4 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

ST holder by any chance? Also, not many of the 'disgruntled n thoroughly shafted brigade' are "screaming" for big name signings as you put it - those of us who have this issue are actually quite level headed and know how economies of scale, increased expenditure versus income works...

I for one wouldn't be crestfallen to see us go back to mid table Championship but more affordable for all, as I thought we saw ourselves as a 'Family, Community & Inclusive' club, even recently? Then wait for that one season fluke that we get up but then again, I've also never hugely understood the clamour for the Premiership anyway, due to how it's all panned out.

I love football as a game, not the visiting the top PL sides to send a selfie to all and sundry that I've been to the best sides... sometimes, football is more than just the opposition.

I understand what you are saying around modern day football, but be honest mate. You wouldn't rather have Wednesday playing like wolves and forest did last year rather than being in the premier league. 

1 minute ago, BenOwl1867 said:

I understand what you are saying around modern day football, but be honest mate. You wouldn't rather have Wednesday playing like wolves and forest did last year rather than being in the premier league. 

Not at any cost, no! Would you sell your Mother if it meant a season in the Premier?

19 minutes ago, BenOwl1867 said:

Hahaha give your head a wobble. £42 for a ticket is not selling my mother 

No, but it is just under 50% of what a season ticket to watch one of the best teams in Europe cost. 

3 hours ago, BenOwl1867 said:

Can you name one that does that ? 

How much are you paying per game for the big names ?