Early Bird Pay on the Day

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Is that with membership?

If so, you've already spent £50 before you've bought your ticket.

Some of the moaners bought it after our last match last season and weren't bothered how much it cost.

so £37 then ( go to 10 games and ithe £50 is spread out over those games)

26 minutes ago, SouthStandParty said:

There is, 'a bit extra' and there is being royally shafted. Is it that hard to understand?

Apparently it's simple really .....or really simple ! 

One breath you have to pay more for success , the next breath a season ticket gets you in for 20 odd quid for ALL the games

Guest Deleted member
46 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Things evolve.   Carlos was part of a threesome, now he's manager.    FFP was something we didn't have to worry about, now we do.   

I can't imagine a 20k cap would happen in a 37k+ stadium, especially when it bites hard that the matchday walkup has just been eroded into as a lot of them just bought a season ticket they haven't done previously for quite some time.

Things evolve??

He said it last Sunday?

18 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Some of the moaners bought it after our last match last season and weren't bothered how much it cost.

so £37 then ( go to 10 games and ithe £50 is spread out over those games)

I think you should stop labelling those disgruntled with prices as moaners.

Dc wants people to commit to STs  (but is then capping next seasons) and to do it, is making every other option unattractive.

I bought a season ticket this year because I couldn't justify £32+ a game, and still want to watch Wednesday when I can. I feel very much that my options are go every week, or not at all.

The membership package is also a poor deal vs last year, and suggests potg prices will be north of £30 every week.

That's too much.

£50 membership is too much.

£50k for a box is too much.

£45 for a kids shirt is too much.

£50 for an adults shirt is too much.

£42 vs villa is too much.

There's a definite pattern emerging. I, like many Wednesdayites,  have sat through years of utter dross and disaster. And now we have an ambitious owner and a team of genuine talent, loads of them can't afford to go. That's not right.

Got a season ticket this year. 

Very happy to have got one, but still think the POTG supporters are treated poorly - both from the club and even more so by some of their supposed fellow supporters. 

Not everyone can afford a season ticket, nor wants a season ticket. 

Some people like to pick and choose games throughout the season, as opposed to watching every single home match. 

As far as I can tell the club is basically try to coerce people into getting a season ticket. 

It's obviously worked to a point as we've now got 20,000 season ticket holders, but they're living in cloud cuckoo land (IMHO) if they think that everyone is just going to buy one. 

1 hour ago, Blueblood said:

To be fair tho, if non ST holders didn't keep having a go a ST holders, then I'm sure there'd be a lot more empathy 

Utter dross, as it was NOT non ST holders who began the bad feeling or outlook, when DC released the POTG prices and we wanted to justly bemoan that new policy but was set off by the attitude of enough ST holders to matter.

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Except he's said he intends to cap the season tickets at 20k

Next theory?

No, he hasn't.  After saying we've sold circa 20,000 THIS season, there will be a cap next season. It doesn't follow that the cap will be 20,000.

I see no reason for a cap on St's at all.  

5 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

No, he hasn't.  After saying we've sold circa 20,000 THIS season, there will be a cap next season. It doesn't follow that the cap will be 20,000.

So essentially its buy a season ticket or be fleeced. Now we have a significant uptake in season ticket numbers we'll cap season tickets so we can make a mockery of the fans who haven't committed. 

22 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Yes - having re-read it I see that point also. 

As well, this comment rings in my head

With record Season Ticket sales of circa 20,000, the club will be introducing a cap next term, therefore a new benefit for Members this campaign is priority to buy 2017/18 Season Tickets

And so thinking of that - ok, so renewals come first - THEN any memberships get dibs on a season ticket, following that if it hits general sale - your average joe who want's to now "buy in to the vision" - creating new demand because of a limitation.

I'll be bold and say that no memberships wishing to upgraded to season tickets will be denied.   So, assume the cap is 20k which it isn't, Wednesday are still trying to create a basic supply/demand thought process in our heads.   It's a good business idea and I still believe Chansiri has created something like a 5 year plan to hit 25k season ticket sales year on year.

The bonus to that is for us as fans is simple, it only works if we continue to be good on the pitch because one thing is certain - our fanbase is very fickle and will soon drop off if we dont keep it up on the pitch.

Guest Deleted member

The I'm Alright Jacks who can afford season tickets and post crap like 'suck up the category prices' absolutely disgust me.

13 minutes ago, BenOwl1867 said:

If you can't stump up for a season ticket suck up the category prices for those you want to see

Ignorant, narrow minded cretin. You're completely missing the point which indicates your lack of intelligence. It simply isn't about being able to afford a season ticket, it's about fans of the club for whom a season ticket simply isn't financially feasible. 

4 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

That's one way of reading it.

But there's also those that rarely attend who expect discounts and find it a disgrace that they expected to pay a few quid extra. (I know of many that bought membership/ foundation without any benefits that season just to Q jump folk that actually attended).

If we want promotion we will have to pay a bit extra. Is it that hard to understand?

Buy membership and attend a few more games to gain extra discount or don't. It's simple really

So many straw man arguments!

Nobody who rarely attends expects huge discounts

Nobody who rarely attends thinks its a disgrace they have to pay "a few quid extra" (isn't it actually more than double what a ST works out at for some games)

If we want promotion it won't be funded and FFP complied with on the backs of disgraceful POTG prices

I've said it before but i never thought i'd see the day when some Wednesday fans were so ambivalent about other Wednesdayites being priced out of going to games or when they were so dismissive of prices that are being rightly condemned by the rest of the football community

Hey ho...

Edited by scram

1 minute ago, scram said:

So many straw man arguments!

Nobody who rarely attends expects huge discounts

Nobody who rarely attends thinks its a disgrace they have to pay "a few quid extra" (isn't it actually more than double what a ST works out at for some games)

If we want promotion it won't be funded and FFP complied with on the backs of disgraceful POTG prices

I've said it before but i never thought i'd saw the day when some Wednesday fans were so ambivalent about other Wednesdayites being priced out of going to games or when they were so dismissive of prices that are being rightly condemned by the rest of the football community

Hey ho...

Higher than prices that we condemned when Leeds charges them. 

Remarkable how views change when someone chucks a few quid our way. 

27 minutes ago, BenOwl1867 said:

If you can't stump up for a season ticket suck up the category prices for those you want to see

That fine for the fans who only choose to go to 2-3 games a season. 

Our fans who for various reasons attend 5-15 games, have really been kicked in the teeth.