May be controversial

But I'd swap Carlos for Steve Bruce. 

I was quite annoyed CC advertised the fact that he'd been talking to Premier League clubs. Unprofessional in my opinion.  He could have just answered in the vanilla way such questions are usually batted away. Like the guy, done a very good job, but I've a sneaky feeling he is starting to believe his own publicity. 

Bruce has a proven track record of getting teams promoted, out of this league, with more than one club. 

Edited by vulva

Guest wilyfox

Was it not reported that DC purposely sought a continental manager to cultivate a style of football here? Not sure Brucey would be the one to carry that on. I do like him though, but reckon we're onto a winner with Carlos. DC needs to back him.

Maybe Carlos got it wrong, maybe at that point he was a little frustrated about something, but I trust him to put it behind him, and get on with things. Steve Bruce, on the other hand, had also become frustrated with the transfer policy at his club, and decided to walk out. I don't mind Steve Bruce, but in this case, I think Carlos acted in a more responsible fashion

Putting it another way, if CC left tomorrow, who would we want? I suspect the unanimous answer would be Steve Bruce. 

He's available now. He might not be in October, if and when CC continues to flirt with the likes of Swansea. DC might well call his bluff. 

Carvalhal will be on peanuts compared to Bruce

Who cares that he spoke to other clubs, course he would. You have to start accepting they're only here in a professional context. He's from Portugal and has been sacked like 15 times he's not going to afford a club from a different country much loyalty when he knows how quick we will sack him if he starts performing poorly.

17 minutes ago, vulva said:

But I'd swap Carlos for Steve Bruce. 

I was quite annoyed CC advertised the fact that he'd been talking to Premier League clubs. Unprofessional in my opinion.  He could have just answered in the vanilla way such questions are usually batted away. Like the guy, done a very good job, but I've a sneaky feeling he is starting to believe his own publicity. 

Bruce has a proven track record of getting teams promoted, out of this league, with more than one club. 

Gobbing off about Prem club talks,  is CC telling us he's doing us a favour, by staying. Bad PR. 

*** for tat, we could remind him, that swfc rescued him from football obscurity.  

But he deserves to be let off,