Matchday Munching

i would scrap chips and other hot foods.

Just have a pie oven and crisps/chocolate etc.

Just speed the whole process up. 

You could even round up/down each item to the nearest 50p if needbe and have a pie and pint deal for say a fiver.

4 hours ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

The beer carts are very small. They are probably less than 1-meter squared. and would fit in a lot of places easily. 

Maybe I can understand that football fans would not like it. But if you have another way to increase revenue whilst the match is being played feel free to make a suggestion. If you added up the time to pass money and change down it would not take long and you can pass it down keeping your eyes on the game. 

I have wanted this to happen for ages in football as it is so much easier. 

Could slightly change so that the sellers are on the gangways and if you want something you can go get food and soft drinks still in view of the match. But you didnt like everyone standing up to let someone through either. 

no i dont have suggestion on how to make money while the game is being played .i always thought going to the football was to watch the game not partake in some sort of food and drink fest while watching it ...........i honestly dont think football lends it self to getting food and drink passed around and all that that entails  while the game is in progress.....maybe i'm out sync with today's modern fans but i'd wager i'm not the only one .

12 minutes ago, torryowl said:

no i dont have suggestion on how to make money while the game is being played .i always thought going to the football was to watch the game not partake in some sort of food and drink fest while watching it ...........i honestly dont think football lends it self to getting food and drink passed around and all that that entails  while the game is in progress.....maybe i'm out sync with today's modern fans but i'd wager i'm not the only one .

You are probably not the only one and I do understand what you are saying. But football has become a multi million pound business and any revenue that could be added should be explored. 

If we can catch up with some other clubs then it can only provide better on the pitch. 

Guest The Horse

Anyone know where they hire the staff from? 

It must be nigh on impossible to recruit people who want to work for just 90 minutes a fortnight 23 times a year. 

Or do they work at other events throughout the week? That's a biggie right there - you ain't going to get quality staff who are just ok to ****** a bit of pocket money. 

Speed of service is the big problem though.

Two solutions for me:

1) A. Help the numpties out with Tills that calculate change. 

B. Invest in Speed Pour systems. 

2. Kiosks to local companies as said earlier. Beres / Crawshaws / Bradfield Brewery et al. All should be able to rota on usual staff to competently work the kiosks.

8 hours ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

40 people?? it would be around 15 people maximum with the middle person being the furthest away he/ she would only have to pass down half of a row to reach hot dog seller.  

Are you suggesting that SWFC fans would steal from an SWFC fan?

I think if it cant work in UK it shows whats wrong with us and what is right with USA. I wonder how much profit a baseball/ basketball/ american football/ 'soccer' team makes from all the marketing and sales they do. I would estimate it is double ours. This sort of idea is just the start could add a couple of thousand to the takings every game. Small profit but any profit is good profit.

Carts of beer on the concourse for people that just want a pint and not a big order holding the queue up is one of the simplest ways to ease congestions around kiosks and to maximise alcohol sales. 

I sit on the end of a row and I'm not going to spend the match passing money/ food down for some lazy fat ass that can't be bothered to fetch it themselves,

The only time I buy anything in the ground is the occasional bovril in the middle of winter, even then it seems too hard a task for the staff to fill up the cup, the last one I bought was just over half full

At the Euro 2016 final you could order your beer and food via txt and have it delivered to your seat. Loads of people did it around us with no problems. Whether itd work down at the Leppings Lane end of the North where i stand i doubt it! 

With regards to the beer carts, i think thats a good idea. Theres not loads of space around the concourses at Hillsborough but you could fit a few dotted about

On 22/07/2016 at 17:46, Paolo Di Catio said:

As per the steering group, Centreplate is not up to scratch. Maybe talk of terminating the contract.

What are the main gripes with the current system?

What do people actually want? 

Edible food would be a start. 

13 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

I sit on the end of a row and I'm not going to spend the match passing money/ food down for some lazy fat ass that can't be bothered to fetch it themselves,

Ok I get the point you and Torry are making. So you will just have to continue to stand up for the people and move out of the way constantly- further ruining your view.