Hutch At The Back

Thought he looked class and assured.

Who needs Hanley, some random Scottish defender, or anyone else. Hutch is fine as cover for Loovens ta. Or vice versa!

Spend the dosh on a good, tricky, pacy, creative, winger / crosser.

I'd be happy for him to have an extended run at CB, firstly because he's good at it seemingly but also I think he will be less likely to pick up further injuries in this position. If Melo is a quality player we'll probably go ahead and play with this line up.

I've long thought that Hutch should be our first choice in that position. He and Lees are a promotion potential combo with Loovens as back up. 

To that end, we need an alternative option in midfield. We would all love to believe that's Melo but...

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Thought he looked class and assured.

Who needs Hanley, some random Scottish defender, or anyone else. Hutch is fine as cover for Loovens ta. Or vice versa!

Spend the dosh on a good, tricky, pacy, creative, winger / crosser.

Who needs centre halves when we have two massive crocks. Lees, loovens and hutchinson as our only options would be foolish to put it mildly 

Hutch is a good centre back, and in my opinion doesn't offer enough creatively to play anywhere else for a team fighting for promotion. 

In midfield he sometimes runs around like a headless chicken. At centre back he looks a composed and commanding presence.

Obviously we still need to buy a centre back though with Hutch and Loovens both being made of biscuit.

56 minutes ago, Petefromkivo said:

Quality at c/b not as reckless as in midfield,excellent reader of the game,good in the air hope we can just keep him fit played well last night

Precisely this imo

I reckon playing there is by far his best role and his forward creativity means we can make better use of the ball coming out of defense (a relative weakness of Loovens, I'm afraid). I would hope that he could play twice a week in this position, which is a little less demanding than racing all over the shop in midfield like he does.

Still need another centre-back though, even if Hutch does make the position his own.  Pudil (if he comes) can also fill in at cb if required.

Has always been outstanding whenever he plays at CB.

Can't see any downsides to him playing alongside Tom Lees.

He's assured, organises, measured, combative and importantly his distribution with midfield is superb.

It saves his legs.

We looked very solid last night especially in the second half when we were under the cosh due to Lee, Wallace ad Matias being subbed.

He is good at CB, better than he is in midfield, but he is always going to miss games and so we need another,

Lees, New bloke who ideally is as good as Lees, Hutchinson and then Loovens, will make perfectly decent 4, but we can't start the season with just 3 CBs, the inevitable Hutchinson injury 20 minutes into the Villa game would leave us utterly f#cked