What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

13 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Bristol City surely in breach of FFP.

Can't imagine they'll be anywhere near. £13M permitted losses a year. £39M over 3 years according to new FFP rules from this year. Plus they divide the value of the player by his contract. So Tomlin only costs them £1M a year (plus wage). 

2 minutes ago, stowyowl said:

Who am I forgetting that Newcastle have sold other than Townsend to only have a net spend of £5m?

Really useful thread, thanks.

Remy Cabella £7M est and Papiss Cisse £5M est. Equalling £25M sold and £30M roughly spent. Crazy when you think they're putting tags of £25M on Wijnaldum and £35M on Sissoko. Utterly crazy. 

Actually you can also add the likes of Janmaat and Tim Krul to the list of potential departures and goodness knows hw much they'd want for Mitrovic if someone came knocking. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

The other clubs that were around us last season that didn't go up in Brighton and Derby haven't done much at all either really. I'd only start to worry a little if they were strengthening and we weren't. I'm not too fussed about the likes of Newcastle, Aston Villa and Norwich because all 3 won't do well. It's pretty much guaranteed that at least one will find the Championship a steep learning curve.

10 minutes ago, stowyowl said:

Thanks, I forgot Cisse went the other day and had completely forgotten Remy Cabella even existed. I think Newcastle have done really good business so far.

I think they're due to sell Thauvin to Lazio soon as well. Another one forgotten about. 

If Newcastle fail to win the league by at least 10 points, there will probably be a stewards' inquiry and a betting scandal accusing Magpies' players of deliberately throwing the game.

Burnley & Brighton only lost 5 last season....I reckon Newcastle will lose 4 or less (and maybe go unbeaten at home).

12 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

If Newcastle fail to win the league by at least 10 points, there will probably be a stewards' inquiry and a betting scandal accusing Magpies' players of deliberately throwing the game.

Burnley & Brighton only lost 5 last season....I reckon Newcastle will lose 4 or less (and maybe go unbeaten at home).

Last time round Newcastle were the team to beat and even then they managed to go unbeaten at home and walk the league. In my opinion they have a stronger squad this time round and stronger financial picture off the pitch however the Championship in itself is stronger. Be interesting but as you say they are just too good to fail. 

And... on the opposite end of the spectrum to Newcastle. Burton Albion have completed the club record signing Kyle MacFadzean from MK Dons on a 3 year deal. This surpasses their previous record of £20,000 lol. The funny thing is MacFadzean was being lined up by the pigs but looks like they can't compete for these top players. 

Good thread is this

Makes a change from the usual nonsense on here during the summer months

Cant say I've been impressed with anyone's dealings so far, except for Newcastle

Bristol City seem to be ambitious, but they have a pudding in charge so I can't see them challenging 

7 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

Wolves takeover on the cards, which might change things a bit there. We are an example of how quickly that could happen, so if this comes off, I reckon that makes Wolves opssible contenders.

https://t.co/aQj4oSiqa3

no offence to wolves but if a foreign billionaire buys them it really shows the way football, like property in the uk, is going. 

Clubs being bought by foreigners as they realise the premier league prize is worth the initial investment 

if this continues then it won't be long before we do see a premier league 2 and money split over two leagues. Fortunately we should be part of that of it happens soon, our neighbours may not be so lucky