What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Be interesting to see the final picture of who ended up with who in The Championship. Going to be some right competitive squads

Still can't believe Derby loaned Chris Martin to Fulham. I think Fulham are significantly stronger this season, even without McCormack. 

For Derby to replace Martin with Vydra and Wilson...no physical presence up top. I think they'll regret that. Martin was a key component in their side. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Still can't believe Derby loaned Chris Martin to Fulham. I think Fulham are significantly stronger this season, even without McCormack. 

For Derby to replace Martin with Vydra and Wilson...no physical presence up top. I think they'll regret that. Martin was a key component in their side. 

I agree and I'm also narked they've provided Fulham with added impetus. They're no pushovers either now

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I agree and I'm also narked they've provided Fulham with added impetus. They're no pushovers either now

Fulham are a threat to us, for sure. Wolves too. Gonna be hard to match our achievements from last season. Those two clubs have made up ground. 

Forest have put out an unusual statement this evening:

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/nottingham-forest-fawaz-al-hasawi-philippe-montanier-3286994.aspx

The interview with their chairman is interesting. Watch from around 1:33, where he basically says they could have got better players, but the manager didn't want them!

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Forest have put out an unusual statement this evening:

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/nottingham-forest-fawaz-al-hasawi-philippe-montanier-3286994.aspx

The interview with their chairman is interesting. Watch from around 1:33, where he basically says they could have got better players, but the manager didn't want them!

Bizarre bit of the chairman undermining his newly chosen manager, although he has little to lose seeing as he's on the verge of selling up. There's a statement from Montanier himself where he insists he didn't want to spend the money from the Burke sale as he was happy with the squad he'd already got, surely that can't be true - without Burke they're very mediocre.

Though the transfer news never stops apparently - Rotherham want Dexter Blackstock after Forest released him.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl