What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

I'm only putting in major or significant transfers and values are reported and approximate. Then I've worked out the clubs net spend based on players sold this summer. 

Aston Villa - Aaron Tshibola £5M, Pierluigi Gollini £4.25M, Tommy Elphick £3M NET SPEND £12M 

Barnsley - George Moncur 500k. NET SPEND £500K

Birmingham - Robert Tesche Free, James Vaughan Free, Ryan Shotton Undisc. NET SPEND £0

Blackburn - Danny Graham Free, Anthony Stokes Free, Liam Feeney Free, Jack Byrne Loan. NET SPEND £0

Brentford - John Egan Free, Romaine Sawyers Free, Daniel Bentley Free NET SPEND +£1.2M

Brighton - Steve Sidwell Free, Glenn Murray Loan. NET SPEND £0

Bristol City - Lee Tomlin £3M, Hordur Magnusson £2.5M, Gary O'Neill Free, Josh Brownhill Free. NET SPEND £5.5M

Burton Albion - Ben Turner Free. NET SPEND £0

Cardiff City - Frederic Guongbe Free, Lex Immers Undisc, Kenneth Zohore Undisc. NET SPEND Undisc. 

Derby County -  NET SPEND +£1M

Fulham - Floyd Ayite £1.7M, Michael Madl £1.3M, Sone Aluko Free. NET SPEND +£4.5M

Huddersfield - Chris Schindler £1.7M, Jon Stankovic £500k, Chris Lowe Free, Micheal Hefele Free, Jack Payne Free, Ivan Paurevic Undisc, Rajiv Van La Parra Undisc. Elias Kachunga Loan, Aaron Mooy Loan. NET SPEND £1.2M

Ipswich T - Adam Webster £800k NET SPEND £800K 

Leeds Utd - Kemar Roofe £3M, Marcus Antonsson £1.7M, Rob Green Free, Hadi Sacko Loan, Kyle Bartley Loan, Matt Grimes Loan. NET SPEND +£1M (Rising to £5M+ with Lewis Cook sale). 

Newcastle Utd - Matt Ritchie £12M, Dwight Gayle £10M, Matz Sels £5M, Isaac Hayden £2.5M. NET SPEND £5M 

Norwich City - NET SPEND +£11.5M

Nottm Forest - Apostollos Vellios £1M, Thomas Lam Free NET SPEND £1M 

Preston NE - Callum Robertson Free, Chris Maxwell Free, Anders Lindegaard Free, Tommy Spurr Free NET SPEND £0

QPR - Ariel Borysiuk £1.5M, Joel Lynch £1.2M, Jake Bidwell £1.2M NET SPEND +£6M

Reading - Danzell Gravenberch Free, Joey Van Den Berg Free, Anssi Jaakola Free, Joseph Mendes Undisc. NET SPEND +£5M

Rotherham - Anthony Ford Undisc. NET SPEND £0

Sheff Weds - Steven Fletcher Free NET SPEND £0

Wigan Ath - Stephen Warnock, Dan Burn, Alex Gilbey Undisc. NET SPEND £0

Wolves - NET SPEND £0

Just for those getting restless. So they can compare how the rest of the league are doing. 

:manager:

Plenty of teams have hardly done a thing. Brighton, Derby, Wolves, Norwich, Ipswich and ourselves have only brought in 0, 1 or 2 players and haven't spent anything of note at all. 

The only teams making tracks in terms of numbers and spending appear to be Newcastle, Villa, Bristol and Leeds. Even then some of those clubs have sold heavily giving them a low net spend or profit. 

To be expected as well with them. Villa are desperate for new faces and Newcastle are making some statements. Bristol have backing and will continue to build and Leeds is obviously just a funny farm. 

I'm curious about our new signings and activity as much as anyone but I don't feel we're missing out on the market looking at that. 

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

To be expected as well with them. Villa are desperate for new faces and Newcastle are making some statements. Bristol have backing and will continue to build and Leeds is obviously just a funny farm. 

I'm curious about our new signings and activity as much as anyone but I don't feel we're missing out on the market looking at that. 

Exactly. Add in the fact that we're only going to be signing probably less than half the 16 or so we signed last season it's no wonder it's quieter at our end. And by all accounts we seem to be pretty watertight at doing our business. Only letting it out once we've practically sealed the deal. 

What I'd like to see are a few faces leaving the club, however for whatever reason in football a large majority of in-comings and outgoings seem to happen in August after the season has kicked off. 

1 minute ago, PeakOwl said:

Bristol City shaping up to be dark horses, if they can hang on to Flint & Kodjia...

I agree. They've been linked to other decent players as well and have an owner that is willing to splash the cash on improving them. I fancy them to be up there next season. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

I agree. They've been linked to other decent players as well and have an owner that is willing to splash the cash on improving them. I fancy them to be up there next season. 

Yeah, think the 3 relegated sides, us, Brighton & Derby should have enough for the top 6 spots, but think Bristol City could well be the side to push anyone that falters. Hargreaves sold his share of the stockbroking business didn't he, so they do have an owner that can splash the cash if he wants to. 

Guest Arnold

Great post.  Be good if we could keep this updated. I hadn't realised some of the other clubs had been that active. 

Guest pembo55

If Leeds get there act together, big IF they could be a good strong team very similar to ourselves last year.

14 minutes ago, pembo55 said:

If Leeds get there act together, big IF they could be a good strong team very similar to ourselves last year.

The highlights for Leeds is they've signed a League Two player for £3m who scored less goals than Maghoma, and sold one of their best players. They'll need to do a lot more business before they can be considered top 6 material.