If Carlos was the England manager

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Wicked line up. Do you want the England job?

1 hour ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Id sooner have Pressman in than Hart.

Des Walker at his best was better than any England defender last night.

Andy Hinchcliffe would have put our free kick takers to shame. 

Connor Wickham would surely have done better than Kane.

Michael Gray in his prime. 

Ross Barkley

Benik Afobe

Michail Antonio

There's a bit of choice.

at their respective primes this team would have done better than that shambles last night.

Pressman

Marshall Lees Walker Hinchcliffe

Barkley C Palmer  Lee

Afobe Wickham Antonio

bench

grant holt

carson

Steve Watson

michael gray

Steve Watson on the bench?...he'd be the first name down and captain for me....Lees and Hutchinson would be my centre back pairing......David burrows would come in to the thinking as well

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Steve Watson on the bench?...he'd be the first name down and captain for me....Lees and Hutchinson would be my centre back pairing......David burrows would come in to the thinking as well

I could see Watson at centre back too.

5 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Throw into the mix ....

Stuart Ripley

Gabby Agbonlahor

When did they play for us?  It's about a Wednesday team managed by Carlos, if he could pick from players from the last fifteen years to win the euros. I know it's ridiculous but there's not much else going off.

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

When did they play for us?  It's about a Wednesday team managed by Carlos, if he could pick from players from the last fifteen years to win the euros. I know it's ridiculous but there's not much else going off.

Early 2000s, a very dark time that people on here try and black out from their memories.

4 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I take your point completely. I was wondering if Carlos was managing a Wednesday team to win the euros with the playing roster of the last fifteen years. How do you think he would have done it? Nationality aside. I didn't put it very well at first.

A lot of decent players picked already , and nobody has chosen any non English players as allowed by the OP , so I will add Westwood Bannon and Sibon into the mix 

11 minutes ago, Chazgswfc said:

Early 2000s, a very dark time that people on here try and black out from their memories.

7 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

A lot of decent players picked already , and nobody has chosen any non English players as allowed by the OP , so I will add Westwood Bannon and Sibon into the mix 

Can you pick a squad of Wednesday players to follow your sensible post?

21 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Westwood

watson walker loovens gray

antonio Bannon Palmer Forestieri 

wickham hooper

pressman

lees

soltdvedt

bougherra

sibon

morrison Clinton 

whelan

Again all at their prime not just their career with Wednesday, and most are internationals , I'm sure I've missed plenty out but it's not a bad team 

27 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Westwood

watson walker loovens gray

antonio Bannon Palmer Forestieri 

wickham hooper

pressman

lees

soltdvedt

bougherra

sibon

morrison Clinton 

whelan

Again all at their prime not just their career with Wednesday, and most are internationals , I'm sure I've missed plenty out but it's not a bad team 

I think that first eleven could beat Iceland. But not in that formation.

12 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Would you have had a bet on Iceland (theoretically) to beat us in our pomp last season?

Iceland v our strongest line up last season would be a close game. They have players who got relegated with Charlton and who couldn't make it into Cardiff's starting Xl.

So my answer to your op is last year's team. And "team" is the key word. Iceland played like a team who knew each other's game. England played like eleven strangers, several of whom were asked to play out of position.

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Iceland v our strongest line up last season would be a close game. They have players who got relegated with Charlton and who couldn't make it into Cardiff's starting Xl.

So my answer to your op is last year's team. And "team" is the key word. Iceland played like a team who knew each other's game. England played like eleven strangers, several of whom were asked to play out of position.

You've covered the question comprehensively there . Now. Would Leicester win this tournament?

I don't if I should laugh or cry , the vast majority of the last 15 years have been terrible , yet we have had some decent players , the problem being we rarely had them in their prime . 

The one player I forgot to add was Wim Jonk , 1st season was ok , second season couldn't be arsed on the pitch , 3rd season just couldn't be arsed and was "injured " obviously didn't fancy second tier football.