cant wait for euro 2016 to end

18 hours ago, Lee A said:

Euros have been a bit boring at times, but it's good to have a break from the Wednesday stuff

The comparative lack of threads on here about Jordan Rhodes and the ever hilarious "somebody signs" only for it to be a picture of a road sign, has been a welcome change.

Would much rather have a major tournament to keep us occupied and England in the knockout stages, than wait for updates from people following Ben Marshall on twitter

Changed my mind, Euros are guff

What's Ben10 doing today? 

3 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

France will show England , by hammering Iceland.

TBH Wednesday's first team could beat Iceland as they are championship level at best.

Don't know why anyone thought England would beat Iceland after that group showing. I think France 

, Germany, Italy et al would have dismantled that England team.

15 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Don't know why anyone thought England would beat Iceland after that group showing. I think France 

England are a group of individuals who have talent, but with no plan and clear tactics , they are /were not a team.

Having said that England have no had a plan for decades.

Good job they lost because France would have embarrassed us further. 

3 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

England are a group of individuals who have talent, but with no plan and clear tactics , they are /were not a team.

Having said that England have no had a plan for decades.

Good job they lost because France would have embarrassed us further. 

Yeah. I fear they would have.

20 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Correct..

played well against the Ruski's upto the 93rd minute.

Were the better team against Wales, and made a pig's ear of things against Slovakia.

Probably underestimated Iceland, thinking we could just turn them over.

To me, Joe Hart has not looked confident in any of the games, the defence, when defending (possibly because of Hart) have been wobbly, and the midfield / front (apart from Sterling & Kane) were OK.

Can't for the sake of it understand why Lallana - in my opinion, the best player in the first 2 games, wasn't brought on instead of Jack Wilshere.
We could've done with Ross Barkley on the pitch too - high energy and can find a killer pass and weigh in with goals too.

43 minutes ago, Hedwig said:

Correct..

Were the better team against Wales, and made a pig's ear of things against Slovakia.

To me, Joe Hart has not looked confident in any of the games, the defence, when defending (possibly because of Hart) have been wobbly, and the midfield / front (apart from Sterling & Kane) were OK.

Can't for the sake of it understand why Lallana - in my opinion, the best player in the first 2 games, wasn't brought on instead of Jack Wilshere.
We could've done with Ross Barkley on the pitch too - high energy and can find a killer pass and weigh in with goals too.

Agree with much of what you say. Woy and his staff wanted the ball moving constantly at a quick tempo. But we all know the great teams in history play at different tempos to suit the state of the game. That's why we're out. We just can't do that.

11 hours ago, Hedwig said:

Correct..

Could be the rumoured super injunction ...

Guest Hirstpower

Shows how bad England are, as no disrespect to Wales but without bale they would be no more than league 1. 

However they were right in saying the England players have less passion than they have.

germany or Italy will win the euros in my opinion. 

We would have more chance winning these tournaments with all championship team, than the overpaid pre madonnas.

Guest Hirstpower

Di Catio

was thinking the same today.

Ross in midfield with Rooney upfront. Rooney did well in previous games in midfield, but he's prolific for England and was wasted in midfield. 

On 6/27/2016 at 13:59, wednesdayok said:

as soon as this boring euro ends its back to proper football talk,lets see what carlos and the club does in bringing some proper reinforcments in .we obviously need to improve on the squad we had last season,matias was out injured for most of the season so came back not fully fit, and lucas joao lost his way in the last 2/3 of the season it was as if he lost interest.it was a good season not a great one,but i'm sure if we had a 3-4 players with that oomph factor i.e like Dunk Hendricks etc we could end up as champions.

i cant remember such a good Euro's surely you are on the make here 

In my honest opinion, I reckon England would've done better if they had picked more in form players from unfashionable clubs. I don't understand why Roy never took the likes of Drinkwater, Noble and Antonio, etc?

If they were taken and Vardy was played from the start, instead of some of Roy's favourites from the big clubs, then I think England would've probably made the last 8 or last 4 to be fair. But Roy cocked up big time and some of his regular favourites under-performed and seemed complacent. Hard to see where u go for a new coach but there is the makings of a decent squad, if someone comes in and gives in form players a go, regardless of who they play for and not just players from the big clubs. That to me, seems like England's biggest problem and mistake under Roy and in the past 20 years, ever since after Euro 96.

From a Welsh Owl.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble