Ryan Gauld

42 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

By "a few games" do you mean "Two sub appearances"? lol

Yes I do. But also maybe people will forget that we are talking about the 2nd best side in Portugal who have also been in European competition this season. Just because as a 19/20 year old he hasn't broken into their team it doesn't concern me. If we had we wouldn't be in with a chance of signing him. Laughably though it wasn't enough for many to know that Carlos had managed them in the past... 

I know you aren't saying he's not good enough. 

10 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Yes I do. But also maybe people will forget that we are talking about the 2nd best side in Portugal who have also been in European competition this season. Just because as a 19/20 year old he hasn't broken into their team it doesn't concern me. If we had we wouldn't be in with a chance of signing him. Laughably though it wasn't enough for many to know that Carlos had managed them in the past... 

I know you aren't saying he's not good enough. 

Ain't arguing that at all pal, just saying to say he's played a few games is a bit misleading!

He'd definitely be someone I'd want to see at Wednesday, would be utter class

57 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

He'll be like Rhys McCabe all over again.

No thanks.

It's a potential season long loan not a three year contract :rolleyes:

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Brilliant player who has slightly lost his way a little at Sporting Lisbon. Has so much potential.

It would be brilliant to get him here for the whole of preseason as he wont be completely ready for the Championship yet.

Would be a fantastic coup and great for Carlos to use his Portuguese contacts.

3 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Brilliant player who has slightly lost his way a little at Sporting Lisbon. Has so much potential.

It would be brilliant to get him here for the whole of preseason as he wont be completely ready for the Championship yet.

Would be a fantastic coup and great for Carlos to use his Portuguese contacts.

Yep, first of many, I hope

All you lot saying he's either crap or a great player, when was the last time you saw him play? He's been in the Youth set up until recently at Sporting and only made two sub apps for them so how do you know what level he's at now?
Its been a while since he moved there and was only a nipper when he went.

I think to make a judgement on his current ability you really would have had to have been watching Sporting's Kids team for the last couple of years, who's actually done that?