Semedo

On 6/27/2016 at 11:44, S_W_F_C said:

People want to see the bad in Allen which I can understand as he was a PR disaster 

But let's not forget who was dipping his hand in his pocket for loan signings, cos it weren't any of the other directors 

You mean the Money he loaned the Club and refused to discount any of it, even preferring to let the club go into Admin. The money he held out for and insisted on being repaid back in full and even wanting a portion of the proceeds if were are promoted into the EPL at some point.

You need to look into the archives of OT. Ask Nigel Shorts and others who suffered due to his relentless hounding.

The only thanks that man can get is for running the club so far down that MM was able to step in and do what he was incapable of doing.

1 hour ago, S_W_F_C said:

You think Dave Allen ran this club into the ground? Really?

For that go and see Dave Richards and don't waste your time looking elsewhere

a quick look and the last 3 years of richards in charge the club made a deficit of 22 million quid, that he then quit and walked away leaving in his wake players on contracts that he had sanctioned costing us another 9 million the following season tells us you could be right ......

On 27/06/2016 at 09:01, S_W_F_C said:

Same people who slate Dave Allen probably voted to leave the Euro

The same people who will stand there in astonishment when bills like food and petrol go up.

Correct on both counts. 

4 hours ago, capetownowl said:

You mean the Money he loaned the Club and refused to discount any of it, even preferring to let the club go into Admin. The money he held out for and insisted on being repaid back in full and even wanting a portion of the proceeds if were are promoted into the EPL at some point.

You need to look into the archives of OT. Ask Nigel Shorts and others who suffered due to his relentless hounding.

The only thanks that man can get is for running the club so far down that MM was able to step in and do what he was incapable of doing.

^^This^^

Dave Allen has only ever been concerned about his own pocket and his over inflated opinion of himself

17 hours ago, capetownowl said:

That & keeping Ken Bates out of the club.

On 29/06/2016 at 18:37, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

If I was to guess, I would go for the reason behind this was more to do with a clash of ego's and the price Bates offered than Mr Allan doing what was best for the club.

My own opinion, obviously.

I think you could well be right, worked well for us though, can't imagine Bates being at this club, makes me feel sick.