League Cup 1st round - Cambridge United away

2 hours ago, Caldecote owl said:

First time posting on owlstalk. I am well happy with this. Probably going to be the closest game of the season now! Thinking of taking my daughter who is 4, opinions on how appropriate it is likely to be? 

Obviously a certain song springs to mind that isn't too appropriate for a 4 year old to hear, but ear defenders may help with that. How young does everyone else start their kids at an owls match?

My daughter was about a week old scared her for life poor sod

2 hours ago, Caldecote owl said:

First time posting on owlstalk. I am well happy with this. Probably going to be the closest game of the season now! Thinking of taking my daughter who is 4, opinions on how appropriate it is likely to be? 

Obviously a certain song springs to mind that isn't too appropriate for a 4 year old to hear, but ear defenders may help with that. How young does everyone else start their kids at an owls match?

It'll be a night game so past her bed time. She'll be tired and likely bored at four give it a couple of years I'd say

10 hours ago, academic owl said:

Work in Cambridge so great one for me. Been hoping for this fixture for a while, looks a tidy if compact little ground. A new ground for me but when did Owls last visit and whose been before?

Been a few times, 2-2 draw in the league early 80s, lost 4-0 in the cup, won 2-0 in fa cup 83 or 87? Can't remember which one. 

It's all worked out perfectly for me. I was planning to go to the first game on the Saturday (now Sunday) but would miss the next game as I'd booked to go to Norfolk for a week. Couldn't believe it when the second game was Norwich away, so now a midweek game at Cambridge is a doddle from Norwich Three games in a week, and I don't have to change any of my plans

Date confirmed as Tuesday 9th, which is a bit surprising with us playing Villa on the Sunday. I guess this confirms it'll be a reserve side we put out, which worked tremendously well at Shrewsbury...

Villa are playing on the Wednesday, predictably being shown live on Sky, with the other live game on the Thursday being the less than intriguing (unless you live in Bristol or South Wales) Bristol Rovers v Cardiff.

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 20:48, S36 OWL said:

I was down there last week on a delivery. Easy to get to . I did it in 2 hrs in the van without a stop . 

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 20:48, S36 OWL said:

I was down there last week on a delivery. Easy to get to . I did it in 2 hrs in the van without a stop . 

You don't happen to work for Prompt do you ??

On Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 11:27, gurujuan said:

It's all worked out perfectly for me. I was planning to go to the first game on the Saturday (now Sunday) but would miss the next game as I'd booked to go to Norfolk for a week. Couldn't believe it when the second game was Norwich away, so now a midweek game at Cambridge is a doddle from Norwich Three games in a week, and I don't have to change any of my plans

Opposite for me. Was hoping for an away game first as i am in Suffolk with the in-laws for the Villa game and back in Sheffield when we play Norwich. Would have come up for the Villa game but bought the wife Harry Potter tickets on the Sunday deliberately to avoid the Saturday........ Both games on Sky and possibility of Cambridge on the Tuesday night softens the blow slightly.

£20 Kop ticket for Villa game if anyone wants it? PM me to arrange.