Leppings Lane Turned into the West Stand when did that happen?

I'm new to this forum and can't find an answer to this anywhere so apologies if it's been explained already. 

I only noticed when I went to buy my season ticket online that the Leppings Lane End is now the West Stand. I've bought previous ones at the ticket office and just renewed before so I've no idea when the change came about. 

Will we be referring to The Kop as the East Stand next season (or do we already)? I just think it's a pity if these old names are allowed to fade into obscurity. It will always be Leppings Lane End to me.

On 10 June 2016 at 08:51, torryowl said:

was called leppings lane end when it was just a terrace but ive always known it as the west stand since it was built for the 66 world cup

North stand built/finished 1961 for World Cup.

Depends upon your age and how long you have been going to Hillsborough.

I now go in the New Stand (The South Stand to everyone else) When I first started going, back in the late '40's, there used to be the Kop, the Leppings Lane end (both of which were all standing), the New Stand, and the New Stand Terrace, and the Old Stand, which consisted of a covered Stand with a terrace. Entrance to all except the 'New Stand , and the New Stand Terrace, which had its own turnstiles, was from either Penistone Road or Leppings Lane, and this enabled passage around the ground.

Then they built a new stand which became the Cantilever Stand, which prevented access to both ends. Then prior to the '66World Cup' the terracing was incorporated into the South Stand and became seating, a stand replaced the cover at Leppings Lane, and the stands became North, West and South.

Many of us oldies still refer to the 'Cantilever', and the 'Leppings Lane'.