Season tickets are flying out - here's the current state of play..

Could just have your seat moved mate.

Thought of that but me and the lad like our seats, had them 10 years, I'll curse the team if I move now! Plus there are none available in a 3 anywhere remotely near. It'll be reet, she'll come to a lot of games. Not seen us lose yet either.. 6 wins 2 draws!

Its feet are on the branch wdaf?

Yeah, but the size and positioning of the owl is different to what's on the club website, programme etc...

A quick google turned up two versions of the badge:

This one with the owl slightly larger owl covering the branch...

post-37726-0-12326600-1464877358.jpg

...and this one with the smaller owl barely touching the branch and almost hovering above it...

post-37726-0-95294800-1464877359.png

SO WHICH ONE IS THE CORRECT BADGE AND WHY IS THERE A SECOND VERSION!?

I won't be able to sleep until this one's been sorted.

:duntmatter:

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

Did I once read that the highest ever number of season tickets we've sold was 16k?

Could be way off there......

The football league publish attendance statistics each year in August, which includes number of season tickets sold for the last 5 seasons.

Link for the numbers sold up to 2014/15 is here http://www.football-league.co.uk/documents/season-ticker-holders549-2598173.pdf

Edited by cactus

Yeah, but the size and positioning of the owl is different to what's on the club website, programme etc...

A quick google turned up two versions of the badge:

This one with the owl slightly larger owl covering the branch...

Sheffield-Wednesday-Crest (2).jpg

...and this one with the smaller owl barely touching the branch and almost hovering above it...

SWFC_pre-1970.png

SO WHICH ONE IS THE CORRECT BADGE AND WHY IS THERE A SECOND VERSION!?

I won't be able to sleep until this one's been sorted.

:duntmatter:

The one that's floating is the old old one.

The other one is the new old one.

The old new one was sat on the branch but the new new one is symbolic of an owl about to get up and take flight and this could respresent a number of things like the club itself about to soar again or even fans getting up off their bottom to go buy a season ticket and fans getting up to go to the match again.

That is the true meaning.

Thought of that but me and the lad like our seats, had them 10 years, I'll curse the team if I move now! Plus there are none available in a 3 anywhere remotely near. It'll be reet, she'll come to a lot of games. Not seen us lose yet either.. 6 wins 2 draws!

erm.....we've been pretty poo for most of those 10 years so don't see the problem. lol

....and I prefer the old old badge, the owl is too big on the new old badge, dunt look right.......it also looks far too comfy for my liking.

Edited by Weshallovercome