been told by utd fan whose been to play offs not to park at stanmore . when we went down there in the 90s thats where i parked had no trouble at all parking on streets .he reckons now theres a big car park that takes ages to get out of .says theyve found best place to park is watford

Guest Hirstpower

I've got to drive down and need to get as near as possible, any advice would be great.

I live 2 minutes walk from Neasden station, so you can park on my road, which is free parking and one step from Wembley and 10 minutes drive to M1 junction 1

Guest mrbluesky

I've got to drive down and need to get as near as possible, any advice would be great.

That's a fantastic gesture, if you are sure pal?

I live 2 minutes walk from Neasden station, so you can park on my road, which is free parking and one step from Wembley and 10 minutes drive to M1 junction 1

Don't park anywhere near Wembely. Park on someone's drive way and get the jubilee line to Wembely

On the way back make sure you stay at Wembely for as long as possible or make a rush to the tube as it will be chaos and you'll just be stuck in a queue on Wembely way for an hour

We used Stanmore for the Olympics and had no problems atall!

Very cheap at weekends as well.

Also went to Lords 2 years ago and used parkonmydrive. It cost £5.50, we were one stop down the tube from Stanmore about 100 yards from the station.

I've booked Wembley Point Car Park ( Junction of Harrow Road and North Circular )through Parkers Car Park Ltd.. Open !pm and close 3hours after event.

Go on their web site find event, Championship Playoff Final and select one of three options of where to park near stadium. Cost £15

Car park at Stanmore fills very quickly and is a massive pain to get out of after the game. The access road is very tight squeeze and all you need is one car coming in and chaos is the result.

Plently of street parking around Stanmore though - look at parking in Morecambe Gardens or Pangbourne Drive (SatNav), then walk from there to Stanmore tube..5 minutes

Other option is to go down to Canons Park (same tube line) - there is a station car park on Donnefield Avenue.

There are the car parks I normally use these when I go to Wembley for the NFL..

Neasden is also good for street parking (as mentioned before)..Don't be tempted to park in Tesco or IKEA car parks at Brent Park - you'll get a ticket if you do..

Watford Junction has a huge station car park - which has easy access back to the M1...

Kings Langley alongside the M25 has a station car park - which is normally quiet on a weekend  (on the same line as Watford Junction & Wembley Central).

Leave plently of time getting down to London - there's normally some road works on the M1 at the weekend.

Better option might be using the A1 down to the M25..

Anyone parking at Wembley Stadium will be held for approx. 45 minutes after the game before they release any cars.

Please Note     The council car parks in Wembley (on a match day) only allow 2 hours parking maximum  - so you can't park in any of these and go to the game..