Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

5 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Would love Ryan Fraser here. I really like Freddie Sears as well.

Some guy has made up a rumour about Bannan to Newcastle so if anyone comes out with that claiming to be ITK it's not true.

Don't ruin Penguins next moment before its happened

Guest wilyfox

You found a shyte tweet, knew it was shyte, said it was shyte, but still gave it to us anyway... Well done you.

lol

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I doubt very much Banann and Lee will be our regular midfield pairing. It certainly wasn't last season.

Not sure what will happen to be honest mate, both were two of our better players last season, although not always as a central pairing

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not sure what will happen to be honest mate, both were two of our better players last season, although not always as a central pairing

My view is that they are a good two with the security of a holding player a little deeper.

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I saw Lee/Bannan as easily our most successful central pair of last season. Always provided creativity, and when they played as a pair we conceded very few and had an excellent points return.

I would hate to see one of them dropped, and can't abide it when Bannan plays our left. Makes us look awful. We lose all width and he becomes largely anonymous. He is the heartbeat of the team when central.

27 minutes ago, Babushka1867 said:

My view is that they are a good two with the security of a holding player a little deeper.

Which is the system I'd favour. Probably was the system Carlos planned to use originally too. However, he decided to change it, and the change coincided with better results. Personally, I'm not entirely convinced with the way we set up, it has too may limitations for me. Maybe Carlos changed it because, players he saw as integral to making it work, either weren't available (Melo) or weren't up to speed (Matias, Joao) Also, the games in which we trialled it, were also the games in which the new squad were still getting used to each other Another factor of course, was the arrival of Forestieri, who wasn't available for those early games.

I'm not sure the 4-3-3 is done and dusted, but we'll have a clearer idea when we see the type of players we bring in

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Ryan Fraser is a good call, great age 22, lightning pace and has shown he can do it at this level with 6 goals and 6 assists in 21 games last season on loan at Ipswich. Bournemouth would consider an offer I imagine. 

Agreed . Right age , proven in the champ , plenty of pace and scores goals from outwide . sort of player that would improve us, as wingers is one area we are short 

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I saw Lee/Bannan as easily our most successful central pair of last season. Always provided creativity, and when they played as a pair we conceded very few and had an excellent points return.

I would hate to see one of them dropped, and can't abide it when Bannan plays our left. Makes us look awful. We lose all width and he becomes largely anonymous. He is the heartbeat of the team when central.

Last season we finished 6th about 15 points short we have to improve this season on last no room sentiment if we sign someone like guidiera it would put us nearer to where we need to be

20 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

I am expecting us to line up in a 4-3-3 at the start of next season.

I think you could be right. Tbh I think that's the formation that will get the best out of most of our best players. 

It'll provide Bannan and Lee a safety net allowing them to do what they do best. More forward runs and probably goals from Lee, more chance for Bannan to create in advanced areas.

Width from fullbacks, FF with a little more freedom and more chance of a greater impact from Matias and Joao.

31 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

We've overtaken Celtic as favourites to sign Steven Fletcher in the last 24 hours, but probably just means people have been betting on it which as reduced the odds

Or maybe because they appear to have switched their attention to the more talented, Dembele