Man Utd 1985

Does anybody have any links to the game at Old Trafford on New Years Day 85 when we won 2-1, would love to see the goals again but can't find them anywhere.

Ha ha! I was on the Stretford End that day because they closed the turnstiles for the away section because it was full.

I did really well, until Strachan missed that penalty and I just couldn't contain myself.

Ha ha! I was on the Stretford End that day because they closed the turnstiles for the away section because it was full.

I did really well, until Strachan missed that penalty and I just couldn't contain myself.

Funny you should say that as i have family members who are Man Utd fans and i was on the Stretford End the following season when we won 2-0 it was on live tv on the Sunday and Mark Hughes had a goal disallowed for fouling Martin Hodge, those were the days consecutive wins at Old Trafford.

Theres a machine in the MAN UTD museum that shows every fuxture from every game that manutd have ever played - you can search for any result and it will show you the details.

If press photos or goal videos exist you can see those too.

This game doesnt feature and video or photos on it (i know i looked it up!)

Funny you should say that as i have family members who are Man Utd fans and i was on the Stretford End the following season when we won 2-0 it was on live tv on the Sunday and Mark Hughes had a goal disallowed for fouling Martin Hodge, those were the days consecutive wins at Old Trafford.

I was on the stretford end on new year's day 85 and also in the utd end on apr 86.

The disallowed Hughes goal was defo in 85 game though, the same game that hodge saved a pen from strachan and the rebound.

There was definitely tv footage for this at the time coz I remember seeing the goals on Saint n Greavsie the following sat. I've never been able to find it on youtube tho.

Hard to believe for t'young 'uns but up until the Premier league era Man U and Liverpool were not on TV every single match they played, generally if you weren't one of the two matches on MOTD or the one game per region on ITV on Sunday, the big match, soccer special or whatever (Obviously in the Yorkshire region it was Leeds pretty much every week), there was unlikely to be a recording of the game.

I remember watching us beat Manchester United at Old Trafford on 13th April 1986. 

We won with a Carl Shutt goal and a Mel Sterland penalty, after Chris Turner had brought him down.

Can't find anything on youtube or anything else. Did not even feature on a Sheffield Wednesday Golden Goals video.

Someone mentioned that there was a power cut in Sheffield that afternoon. I can't confirm or verify this.

I was living in Worksop at the time.