Barkley/Burkley/Borkley/Berkley

Guest JonTheOwl66

Guest Ripley Owl

Will play for England, get better and better for us, the gutter is he will leave at some stage, so lets enjoy while we can !

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Classiest player in our famous blue and white stripes, since Brunt and Whelan. He's still got some way to go, but he's improving all the time and recently looking like the player Everton fans were raving about.

Great goal, but did nothing else today at all. Fannies about too much, in the wrong areas. Needs to get closer to COG. We can't have 3 defensive midfielders. COG has no support at all.

Barkley is a class act though, and will play for England.

He's the most talented player I've seen in a Wednesday shirt since the Premier League days.

He stills makes the odd mistake, but overall his game for an 18 year old kid with very little experience is outstanding. I hope we keep him for the season because he's just going to get better and better.

Everton regular next season & will have played for England within 2 years is my prediction.

Guest foreverSWFC

I'm getting a Marshall type connection developing.

Which is bad news because he is never in a million years going to be our player. This is why i cannot stand loan deals!

Guest Wilf Marshall

Hopefully he can stay all season. That has got to be the aim.

Who would he replace in the Everton team? Not Fellaini or Pienaar, but maybe Moyes sees him playing this well and thinks he can come in for Osman or Neville.

I'm getting a Marshall type connection developing.

Which is bad news because he is never in a million years going to be our player. This is why i cannot stand loan deals!

We ALWAYS knew he was never, ever going to be our player.

The kid is highly rated by all in football, the loan is just simple to help us out, and help him/Everton out.

Guest foreverSWFC

We ALWAYS knew he was never, ever going to be our player.

The kid is highly rated by all in football, the loan is just simple to help us out, and help him/Everton out.

I know, not for one second am i contemplating the idea of us getting him on a permanent basis. He is going to play for England, and within the next few years probably be at one of the Manchester clubs.

When he leaves, which i suspect will be in January, there is going to be a huge whole in our midfield, his influence on the team is growing stronger and stronger as the games go by. Who are we going to replace him with? Very similar to the Marshall situation, when he went we began to decline, luckily we managed to get Antonio in who filled the gap. Doubt we'll manage to replace a player of Barkley's talent.

A year at Hillsborough will do more for Everton than a year in the Everton Reserves or on Evertons bench. Still needs to work on his decision making if he is going to be a force in the Premier League. If we can show progression in the league and be a serious threat next year, we might even get him to for another year to help us challenge for promotion. Who knows.