Ross Barkley

Guest Waterthorpeowl

Guest Waterthorpeowl

Wow,really disapointed with the 'next ronaldo' tonight..

The amount of corners and free kicks he wasted were he never beat the front man is stupid,he has a touch like a trampoline he barely moves from the half way line attacking wise and them stupid passes.. Alot of them tonight by different players

Dont know what anybody else thinks but im not to impressed by him

Started a thread earlier about him and how I was disappointed with him. Only for the usual suspects to defend him. Dont know what it is about some on here they always cream over everyone who makes their debut and overrate them.

Any Everton fan reading this will be cringing. Give him time to settle in, Jeysus. He looked comfortable on the ball to me. He had one moment where he let it go under his foot which was schoolboy stuff but he is a kid! Remember that. Also nobody has claimed he will be the next Ronaldo have they? Personally I don't think even Ronaldo himself would score a goal in our team at the minute the way we are playing.

Edited by mrgund

can we realy afford to be giving other teams "kids" time to learn in this leauge?

he shouldnt have started was like a rabbit in the headlights, it was clear to see his corners/set plays were not working, why did no one take the responsability off of him?

he was getting some right stick for them second half, im sure that will have done wonders for his confidence. if twenty thousand fans could see it why not the management and players?

team spirit gone down the pan and fans feel good factor going the same way.

too many changes to a promotion winning side.

back to the same old Wednesday

Wow,really disapointed with the 'next ronaldo' tonight..

The amount of corners and free kicks he wasted were he never beat the front man is stupid,he has a touch like a trampoline he barely moves from the half way line attacking wise and them stupid passes.. Alot of them tonight by different players

Dont know what anybody else thinks but im not to impressed by him

On last night's performance, he looked more like the next Darren Potter.

However, I think you are being a bit harsh. His touch wasn't that bad, and it was probably the worst kind of game to throw him in to, especially with how it was referee'd.

Unfortunately, a months loan, and probably an agreement to play him, might see him have to get with the pace & aggression of this division, and the lack of prem' quality players around him, quicker than should be expected.

The stick Barkley was getting last night depresses me.

As someone said he looked very comfortable on the ball but cos he wasn't smashing in goals from 30 yards and sliding in to flatten people, he's judged poo poo.

Yes his set pieces left a lot to be desired but give the kid a break FFS

I wouldn't personally have started Ross tonight and wouldn't against Bolton. He needs to be eased into the team and throwing him straight in, in front of over twenty five thousand fans, isn't the smartest move. Like previously said Jose is out of his depth. Unfortunately we have nobody to replace his realistically in the ball winning role'. Saying he no longer wanted the captaincy and wanted to focus on his own game proves he knows himself he needs to get to grips with this division and quick.

I can't understand how people spend there lives watching football and still know flip all.

He looked a class above. He was comfortable on the ball and clearly seemed an intelligent footballer.

He didn't look brilliant on the night because he was in a poor team.

I think people forgot it's a team game sometimes. The reason we've been poor this season is because a promotion winning team has been obliterated in favour of bringing in 'better' players. You can't just get rid of everyone and bring so many new players and expect it to work like it's Football Manager. Spirit is everything.

We've all seen how even the better players can look poor when they are in a struggling team. It's happened to players like Semedo already this season and we all know he's a good player.

We made a huge mistake not signing Danny Batth.