Homophobia in football

its nailed on therel be a few shirt lifters on owlstalk,wonder whool be the first one to 'come out'

Its been done in the past my friend

I think if you reread this thread closely you might even get a big clue

didn't realise we were still in the 20th century reading some of the replies in this thread.

My opinion is that a lot of gay footballers don't "come out" not due to the reaction of the crowds but to the reaction they would get in the dressing room.

looking at some of the replies on here I could understand why too

Follow's the FA line of

"Players don't come out because the fans are idiots."... Are we as football fans not a bit annoyed that we are portrayed that way?!

Just ridding themselves of any responsibility on the issue.

I think on this thread there's just one group attempting to rid themselves of any responsibility.

Guest cypress hill

lol Alan Carr chatty man....

he's doing another series

Alan Carr batty man

then another

Alan Carr botty fan

You're coming across as a pious moralising freak tbh - you are taking issue and generalising about posters who are OBVIOUSLY just having a bit of a laugh - as is often the way on Owlstalk - take issue with them/me doing that by all means but don't start throwing the cheap labels around

If you want to see some serious debate on stuff like this maybe you need to find the thread on Justin/John Fashanu after the documentary made by John's daughter.

You might find Owlstalk isn't full of homophobes and is a helluva lot more tolerant and accepting than you might wanna portray

There are quite a few posts in this thread that appear to be homophobic and contain no humour at all an pointing that out doesn't make me pious ( and perhaps you should look that up as most religions are against homosexuality) moralising?, I don't think I am that, freak?, Why am i a freak for expressing my opinion? Clearly by some of the negging I am not alone in some of my opinions. And then you accuse me of throwing cheap labels around. That's a good one. Just thrown a few at me.

I don't actually think that OT is full of homophobes but there are obviously a few and it doesn't take a large percentage in the world of football, fans and clubs to put off players coming out.

Why should I go somewhere else to make a serious comment? I was responding to the original post and some of those that followed

what an odd comment,i would imagine bummin men is pretty gay tbh!

...actually it's used as a method of retribution and domination by straight men, generally in conflict zones or in cases of rape against gay men...

Follow's the FA line of

"Players don't come out because the fans are idiots."... Are we as football fans not a bit annoyed that we are portrayed that way?!

Just ridding themselves of any responsibility on the issue.

As they do with any issue.