Homophobia in football

If a footballer did come out as 'gay' would you start or join in homophobic chants? If one of our better players turned out to be gay would your attitude towards them change? I think it's disgraceful that no footballer in the entire top 4 divisions has come out, just because of fear from the fans, why should it matter? It doesn't change there footballing ability or their personality so why should chants be made? It's exactly the same as racism in football which is now considered a disgrace to football so why not this? People may say that it's best for their careers if they keep it to themselves but that's not solving the problem, just hiding it so no one has to worry or care about it, this is stupid and homophobic.

Thoughts? People are entitled to there own opinions etc...

Guest Massiveowl

If a footballer did come out as 'gay' would you start or join in homophobic chants? If one of our better players turned out to be gay would your attitude towards them change? I think it's disgraceful that no footballer in the entire top 4 divisions has come out, just because of fear from the fans, why should it matter? It doesn't change there footballing ability or their personality so why should chants be made? It's exactly the same as racism in football which is now considered a disgrace to football so why not this? People may say that it's best for their careers if they keep it to themselves but that's not solving the problem, just hiding it so no one has to worry or care about it, this is stupid and homophobic.

Thoughts? People are entitled to there own opinions etc...

not coming out because of the fear of fans :/ maybe they haven't come out because there not gay ha just a thought

Guest Harry the Owl

maybe they've not come out so they can still shower with the other players and have a cheeky look

Hahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahaha lol lol lol lol hahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha gary megson

Sorry tom, but you've made my night. PMSL

Edited by MilanTheMan

Guest Foxhill Owl

:biggrin:

It was actually Prutton who saw mine as he talked to me whilst he was urinating.

Some things you don't tel a fans forum lol

To answer the question: no I wouldn't chant. I dont care whether our, or any other teams, players are gay. But I agree with MASSIVE, that there are probably very few gays in football: they are just not interested in it. Its the flip side of hairdressing, where they're nearly all gay.

What would bother me is that if a gay player was crap, whenever he gets booed would be seen by the pc brigade as homophobic. Just like when John Barnes was booed playing for England. That wasn't racist: he was crap and didn't produce his Liverpool form.

Guest Shnozzle

To answer the question: no I wouldn't chant. I dont care whether our, or any other teams, players are gay. But I agree with MASSIVE, that there are probably very few gays in football: they are just not interested in it. Its the flip side of hairdressing, where they're nearly all gay.

What would bother me is that if a gay player was crap, whenever he gets booed would be seen by the pc brigade as homophobic. Just like when John Barnes was booed playing for England. That wasn't racist: he was crap and didn't produce his Liverpool form.