I was a porter at the Hallamshire..on the fateful day...my wife was a nursing officer...she got called in as it unfolded...I went with her...We stayed until midnight..it was absolutely terrible....At about 9pm I was outside with a scouse lad who had just been told he'd lost a mate...theres nowt you can say...we just had a *** and tried to sort him out some transport back to Liverpool...at the time the liverpool lads were so grateful...for being let into houses on Vere rd...and given the telephone and a cuppa...

Honestly the first news I had at the hospital was that there had been 6 fatalities...I was staggered...then it started filtering through about just how many bodies were waiting for identification in the hospital...and I honestly felt sick...I felt sick for the Liverpool lads...but in all honesty in a selfish way I felt sick cos it had happened at Hillsborough.

As for the critics who slate the ambulance service, the hospital facilities...theres no way on earth you can cope with it...no matter how much hindsight is applied..it totally fvcks you up..it fvcks the system up...apart from the 96 deaths..can you imagine the numbers turning up at the A&E depts of the Northern and the Hallamshire at the time..it beggared belief...It was a day that passed in a blur.......it was a day that i now simply want to forget about....

I seriously bloody love you, by far my favourite owlstalk poster.

All these idiots wanting to look clever with big words and an extensive vocabulary that your average Jo wouldn't know should take a long look at this post and see, this is what makes a person special. This sort of action and selfless heroism by ateener and the others that day is what truly makes people special!!! and I bet you not one of them that day tried to make themselves look any more or less than the next person!

Personally, my thoughts are with the families of the 1500 plus who perished on the Titanic 100 years ago today..R.I.P

Lets take nothing away from the families. My sympathies go out to everyone who's ever loved a lost one no matter how tragic or normal the circumstances, but all this justice nonsense that's always called for is never going to be that without the ticket-less being held accountable, and not once has a Liverpool fan asked for that! at least not publicly!

I was a porter at the Hallamshire..on the fateful day...my wife was a nursing officer...she got called in as it unfolded...I went with her...We stayed until midnight..it was absolutely terrible....At about 9pm I was outside with a scouse lad who had just been told he'd lost a mate...theres nowt you can say...we just had a *** and tried to sort him out some transport back to Liverpool...at the time the liverpool lads were so grateful...for being let into houses on Vere rd...and given the telephone and a cuppa...

Honestly the first news I had at the hospital was that there had been 6 fatalities...I was staggered...then it started filtering through about just how many bodies were waiting for identification in the hospital...and I honestly felt sick...I felt sick for the Liverpool lads...but in all honesty in a selfish way I felt sick cos it had happened at Hillsborough.

As for the critics who slate the ambulance service, the hospital facilities...theres no way on earth you can cope with it...no matter how much hindsight is applied..it totally fvcks you up..it fvcks the system up...apart from the 96 deaths..can you imagine the numbers turning up at the A&E depts of the Northern and the Hallamshire at the time..it beggared belief...It was a day that passed in a blur.......it was a day that i now simply want to forget about....

My missus was part of the MAJAX team that day and had no idea what she was facing when she walked across the road to the NGH that day..as a theatre sister she had to dael with the patients without ever having a conversation with any of them which was heartbreaking for her

My opening post doesn't once say think about the 96 people who lost their lives or who is to blame. It says we should all think about our own loved ones and where football lies on that list. As something like going to a football match can turn horribly wrong and everyone deserves to come home after a football match.

Maybe you didn't but what you did do is title this thread "JFT96" which carries far too many connotations and implications to avoid the replys you have got.

Today should just be a day to remember but by using that title you have missed your opportunity.

I actually think the comments on this thread have been thoughtful, sensitive and generally intelligent. Maybe a first for Owlstalk?!

Guest JC Saviour

There are a lot of Liverpool fans who lost family members that day who bought tickets the right way so for u to say singing you'll never walk alone is a load of gonads means your a rumblein moron

But then again I wasn't responsible but had to have it rammed down our throats that how bad our ground was/is, how bad the stewarding was, how bad was the Police was, but hey, lets not cloud the truth on who was the root cause of this disaster. I think its a bit crasse that all Liverpool fans at games sing that song when some of them in that crowd were culperable that day. So who's the flippingmoron, muppet. By the way do have Liverpool connections by any chance ;-) .

RIP the 96 innocents who lost their lives. Today is a day I remember them. Every other day I will debate the other issues surrounding it. Not today though, which is why I respectfully ask if a mod could change the title from JFT96 to RIP 96 or similar?

Anybody watching FA Cup match?

Quite a few didn't want the minutes silence...

Anybody watching FA Cup match?

Quite a few didn't want the minutes silence...

Was it observed?

RIP the 96 innocents who lost their lives. Today is a day I remember them. Every other day I will debate the other issues surrounding it. Not today though, which is why I respectfully ask if a mod could change the title from JFT96 to RIP 96 or similar?

Was it observed?

Apparently Chelsea fans were chanting 'murderers'

The minute also lasted about 20 seconds

What really galls me is when the kop start singing justice for the 96 whilst standing

the irony of it all

There are fans on that Kop that played no small part of what happened at Hillsborough...same as there are folk in high places in Sheffield...To me now...ive frankly had enough of it...

Do you absolve yourself of all self responsibility because you are a football fan?..no you fvckin' don't ...its as though someone else has to be held up to judgement because you should be spoon fed about where to go... what to do....

There is no way on earth that there were not LIverpool fans at Hillsborough that day..without tickets..anyone who says different is totally fvckin' deluded...I'm not saying it was their fault...but to accept they did not play a part in the tragedy is Lord of the fookin' rings fantasy..

Disgraceful. The minutes silence is to remember and pay respects to 96 innocents who died, regardless of how it happened.

Emotive subject though. How long do you carry it on? Do Man U expect every ground in the country to observe a silence for Munich? No. As somebody said how long will this go on, until the end of time,until justice, what ever form that will take is served. Over time and because of how the country is now people get tired for want of a better phrase of such things. I remember as a kid when everything and I mean everything traffic,shops people stopped doing what they were doing and stood still at 11 a.m. on the 11th November.

There are fans on that Kop that played no small part of what happened at Hillsborough...same as there are folk in high places in Sheffield...To me now...ive frankly had enough of it...

Do you absolve yourself of all self responsibility because you are a football fan?..no you fvckin' don't ...its as though someone else has to be held up to judgement because you should be spoon fed about where to go... what to do....

There is no way on earth that there were not LIverpool fans at Hillsborough that day..without tickets..anyone who says different is totally fvckin' deluded...I'm not saying it was their fault...but to accept they did not play a part in the tragedy is Lord of the fookin' rings fantasy..

see my post above. Think the football fans are getting that way

Edited by darra

Emotive subject though. How long do you carry it on? Do Man U expect every ground in the country to observe a silence for Munich? No. As somebody said how long will this go on, until the end of time,until justice, what ever form that will take is served. Over time and because of how the country is now people get tired for want of a better phrase of such things. I remember as a kid when everything and I mean everything traffic,shops people stopped doing what they were doing and stood still at 11 a.m. on the 11th November.

If the FA deem that a minutes silence is to be observed then it should be. Its basic respect for fellow humans.

Personally, I dont think there needed to be a minutes silence but as there was, if I was there I would have observed it, as I do every one I'm asked to. If Liverpool and Everton wanted one yesterday then fine. If Liverpool want one at their closest game to the anniversary then I'm fine with that. The rest of the footballing world doesnt need to though.

If the FA deem that a minutes silence is to be observed then it should be. Its basic respect for fellow humans.

Personally, I dont think there needed to be a minutes silence but as there was, if I was there I would have observed it, as I do every one I'm asked to. If Liverpool and Everton wanted one yesterday then fine. If Liverpool want one at their closest game to the anniversary then I'm fine with that. The rest of the footballing world doesnt need to though.

Not sure it's the F.A's call

as for your other point re Liverpool yesterday I have no problem with that.

In some ways I prefer the minutes applause at least that way if you prefer not to you don't have to participate. With the silence the only alternative is to make noise which might offend others

With the absolute utmost respect and with my greatest sympathy for you and particularly your friend and his family, I feel that we (Wednesdayites) should be allowed to move on from this now. I support the '96' families campaign for full transparency, however, it's been 23 years now and I think it's time that SWFC and it's fans should be released from this hidden/implied burden of guilt that we have been carrying since that terrible day.

I do not wish to offend and I hope you appreciate my sincerity.

Well said Im fed up of being caught up in all this its the fans and SWFC what has been labled ie by safety groups for matches taking tottaly OTT steps to prevent problems what are not there in first point for example leaving blocks of empty seats empty when opposition fans are on a complete different stand. Liverpool dont go on and on and on and on and on and on about Heysel like man u dont go on and on about Munich. Its about time the innocent fans who turned up "with tickets" and "on time" and "not drunk" was let to rest in peice and also let SWFC try and get rid of this label what we have been tarnished with through no fault of our own and maybe remember ever 10 yrs but every year is just daft IMO.

Agree mate...at what point do you dissolve the liverpool fans for their part in it? Because as a fan in the 60s/70s I have to accept MY contribution to their being fences at Hilsborough