23 years ago today 96 football fans went to watch their team in a semi final and never returned home to their loved ones. Being from Liverpool myself and my friend losing his brother on that fateful day I have seen the effects of that game and how it still dragging on isn't helping anybody. I think us, Liverpool and forest fans should all have a minute today to realise it is only a game and nobody should ever not return home from a football match. I really love my beloved owls but there is more important things in my life and we should all have a minute to think about that as we are the lucky ones who are still here

With the absolute utmost respect and with my greatest sympathy for you and particularly your friend and his family, I feel that we (Wednesdayites) should be allowed to move on from this now. I support the '96' families campaign for full transparency, however, it's been 23 years now and I think it's time that SWFC and it's fans should be released from this hidden/implied burden of guilt that we have been carrying since that terrible day.

I do not wish to offend and I hope you appreciate my sincerity.

Guest wadsleybridgeowl

I for one agree with the op and as a wednesdayite for 40 years and someone who attended the match , i will be taking a private moment to remember and reflect on the events of that day . RIP the 96

Guest JC Saviour

Condolences to the OP for the loss of a family member. Like one of the replies, we have to move on and no one likes to see loss of life in these type of circumstances including the Hysel disaster which I make a point of remembering for the Italians who lost their lives. However, we don't seem to hear much about that disaster in this country. For those who can't remember this or wasn't born then, I believe it was a European game involving a italian club and Liverpool FC.

Condolences to the OP for the loss of a family member. Like one of the replies, we have to move on and no one likes to see loss of life in these type of circumstances including the Hysel disaster which I make a point of remembering for the Italians who lost their lives. However, we don't seem to hear much about that disaster in this country. For those who can't remember this or wasn't born then, I believe it was a European game involving a italian club and Liverpool FC.

Liverpool vs Juventus - 1985 European Cup (now Champions League) Final

R.I.P the 96...I always take the time

Hillsborough on to Heysel.......recall the 39?

Why as a Wednesday fan I feel so fookin' guilty, still, about a tragedy that in no way was owt to do with me bar it happened at the football ground I attend...I dunno...

Is there no scouser will ever hold his hands up and admit he went, he tried to get in without a ticket?...I honestly do not believe it.

You sit here and read every bloody topic on the board about this particular tragedy....and you try to express your sympathy to the families involved...because it was innocent fans that lost their lives that day...and we should..nor in my case could ever fookin' forget it...but allayed to that as a football fan you KNOW what happens at games like that...and you KNOW that there is fault with the police, the stewards, the ground...and good luck to the peopl;e pursuing these invisible phantoms of Hillsborough...but i will never be convinced there is not at least SOME fault on the part of fans who were trying to get into the game...come what may...

Wednesday fans have to shuffle heads down around the subject...While stuff like Heysel gets brushed under a carpet of indifference cos it was Italians that died and not English folk...

R.I.P the 96...every time I walk down the Lepp I think about it...but it honestly was not my fault.....I bet there are people not only in Sheffield but in Liverpool that cannot.. in all honesty say the same

Perhaps those who went without tickets should also take a minute to think.......

My heart goes out to those who lost family and friends that day.

^^^ EXACTLY THIS ^^^

* until i hear statements from those inside(and outside) hillsborough WITHOUT tickets i will not believe the 'transparency' that is sought by the campaign for justice has been achieved.

sorry to have to say this on today of all days - RIP the 96 and sincere condolences to their families and friends

Edited by brian joicey

well said

I have said it on here before when I was a student nurse at Middlewood I was working with a Liverpool fan. He asked me if I could get him a ticket, I couldn't. Not to worry he says me and me mates will do what we always do,force our way in. Went on to tell me they'd been to a few games without tickets and pretty much always managed to get in.Also told me that loads did it Thankfully he couldn't get the day off so didn't go.

My opening post doesn't once say think about the 96 people who lost their lives or who is to blame. It says we should all think about our own loved ones and where football lies on that list. As something like going to a football match can turn horribly wrong and everyone deserves to come home after a football match.

Guest JC Saviour

Perhaps those who went without tickets should also take a minute to think.......

My heart goes out to those who lost family and friends that day.

No disrespect to you post, but the ones who went without tickets probably havent battered an eye lid for those who died. Scum of the earth. Liverpool supporters can all blame poor stewarding, poor Policing, bad tunnel design of the Lep end etc, but will never bring into the argument the root cause. I understand they still do it to this this day turning up without tickets. It must be a scouse thing!!!!!!!!!! What took place at Hillsborough that day has left an lasting impression of that club and it's set of so called fans. It makes my skin crawl when you see pictures on TV when matches are played at Anfield and they are giving it 'You'll never walk alone' Utter bolloxs.

well said

I have said it on here before when I was a student nurse at Middlewood I was working with a Liverpool fan. He asked me if I could get him a ticket, I couldn't. Not to worry he says me and me mates will do what we always do,force our way in. Went on to tell me they'd been to a few games without tickets and pretty much always managed to get in.Also told me that loads did it Thankfully he couldn't get the day off so didn't go.

I was a porter at the Hallamshire..on the fateful day...my wife was a nursing officer...she got called in as it unfolded...I went with her...We stayed until midnight..it was absolutely terrible....At about 9pm I was outside with a scouse lad who had just been told he'd lost a mate...theres nowt you can say...we just had a *** and tried to sort him out some transport back to Liverpool...at the time the liverpool lads were so grateful...for being let into houses on Vere rd...and given the telephone and a cuppa...

Honestly the first news I had at the hospital was that there had been 6 fatalities...I was staggered...then it started filtering through about just how many bodies were waiting for identification in the hospital...and I honestly felt sick...I felt sick for the Liverpool lads...but in all honesty in a selfish way I felt sick cos it had happened at Hillsborough.

As for the critics who slate the ambulance service, the hospital facilities...theres no way on earth you can cope with it...no matter how much hindsight is applied..it totally fvcks you up..it fvcks the system up...apart from the 96 deaths..can you imagine the numbers turning up at the A&E depts of the Northern and the Hallamshire at the time..it beggared belief...It was a day that passed in a blur.......it was a day that i now simply want to forget about....

I was a porter at the Hallamshire..on the fateful day...my wife was a nursing officer...she got called in as it unfolded...I went with her...We stayed until midnight..it was absolutely terrible....At about 9pm I was outside with a scouse lad who had just been told he'd lost a mate...theres nowt you can say...we just had a *** and tried to sort him out some transport back to Liverpool...at the time the liverpool lads were so grateful...for being let into houses on Vere rd...and given the telephone and a cuppa...

Honestly the first news I had at the hospital was that there had been 6 fatalities...I was staggered...then it started filtering through about just how many bodies were waiting for identification in the hospital...and I honestly felt sick...I felt sick for the Liverpool lads...but in all honesty in a selfish way I felt sick cos it had happened at Hillsborough.

As for the critics who slate the ambulance service, the hospital facilities...theres no way on earth you can cope with it...no matter how much hindsight is applied..it totally fvcks you up..it fvcks the system up...apart from the 96 deaths..can you imagine the numbers turning up at the A&E depts of the Northern and the Hallamshire at the time..it beggared belief...It was a day that passed in a blur.......it was a day that i now simply want to forget about....

Can't begin to imagine what it was like.

No disrespect to you post, but the ones who went without tickets probably havent battered an eye lid for those who died. Scum of the earth. Liverpool supporters can all blame poor stewarding, poor Policing, bad tunnel design of the Lep end etc, but will never bring into the argument the root cause. I understand they still do it to this this day turning up without tickets. It must be a scouse thing!!!!!!!!!! What took place at Hillsborough that day has left an lasting impression of that club and it's set of so called fans. It makes my skin crawl when you see pictures on TV when matches are played at Anfield and they are giving it 'You'll never walk alone' Utter bolloxs.